GDT: Game 3. Blues (1-0-1) vs Desert Puppies (1-2-0) 7PM CST BSMW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
GOOD AFTERNOON LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. Tonight we go into game 3 of the offensively inept St. Louis Blues season. Buchnevich is broken already, Kyrou and Schenn throwing hands in practice, and Dvorsky is torn from the SHL to go to the CHL. Been a pretty eventful NHL season so far. (Yes I'm being over dramatic)

Coyotes projected lineup

Clayton Keller -- Barrett Hayton -- Nick Schmaltz
Jason Zucker -- Logan Cooley -- Matias Maccelli
Lawson Crouse -- Nick Bjugstad -- Michael Carcone
Alexander Kerfoot -- Jack McBain -- Liam O'Brien

J.J. Moser -- Sean Durzi
Travis Dermott -- Matt Dumba
Juuso Valimaki -- Troy Stecher

Connor Ingram
Karel Vejmelka

Scratched: Travis Boyd, Josh Brown
Injured: None

Blues projected lineup

Brandon Saad -- Robert Thomas -- Jordan Kyrou
Alexey Toropchenko -- Brayden Schenn -- Kasperi Kapanen
Jakub Vrana -- Kevin Hayes -- Sammy Blais
Nikita Alexandrov -- Oskar Sundqvist -- Jake Neighbours

Nick Leddy -- Colton Parayko
Torey Krug -- Justin Faulk
Marco Scandella -- Tyler Tucker

Joel Hofer
Jordan Binnington

Scratched: Scott Perunovich, Robert Bortuzzo
Injured: Pavel Buchnevich (upper body)

Last edited:
Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Bad feeling about this one. Yotes always seem to play us well. I think we take another OTL here.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Hopefully we can catch the Coyotes a bit tired. This will be their 4th game in 7 days and the first 3 were all in New York (Devils, Rangers, and Isles).

Believe it or not, they have fewer 5 on 5 goals than we do. They went 2 for 7 on the PP against the Devils and 1 for 5 on the PP against the Rangers (plus a saved penalty shot). They scored a lone even strength goal against the Devils, no even strength goals against the Rangers and got shutout entirely by the Isles (on 14 shots, including 8 minutes of PP time).

I'll be disappointed if this turns into a pond hockey game like the time we blew a 3 goal 3rd period lead against them last year. They scored 16 goals on us in 3 games last year and for whatever reason we just looked bad against them. I don't know how much you can really learn about your team from an October game against the Coyotes, but it does feel like the D can prove something tonight.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Canucks/Islanders/Oilers fan coming in with as much peace as an opposing fan can come in with. (Moderate)

Just wanted to ask what moves would you like the Blues to make by the deadline, perhaps you can also chime in on what moves you expect to made, should they differ

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Canucks/Islanders/Oilers fan coming in with as much peace as an opposing fan can come in with. (Moderate)

Just wanted to ask what moves would you like the Blues to make by the deadline, perhaps you can also chime in on what moves you expect to made, should they differ
we generally expect that the blues will be looking to deal any of the UFA that they don't intend to resign. that is likely vrana, kapanen, scandella, rosen, and bortuzzo. some of those maybe don't have enough value to bother, but if any did we would likely want to move them..

aside from that, torey krug is available for the taking.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
we generally expect that the blues will be looking to deal any of the UFA that they don't intend to resign. that is likely vrana, kapanen, scandella, rosen, and bortuzzo. some of those maybe don't have enough value to bother, but if any did we would likely want to move them..

aside from that, torey krug is available for the taking.
Yeah that’s kind of what I had in mind, the team seems to be at a wait stage, really.

I appreciate the answer, Blueston.

Reactions: Blueston

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Yeah that’s kind of what I had in mind, the team seems to be at a wait stage, really.

I appreciate the answer, Blueston.
thanks. any time. this is generally hospitable place. at least until a fan from another team starts denigrating Buchnevich.

isles could maybe use some of what we expect to have available; seems like Lou doesn't value picks because he isn't sure he'll still be alive on draft day.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
hofer draws his first game, excited to see him

I think we're wasting a well rested Binny but I am excited to see Hofer.
Still hoping for Celebrini here....

As much as I would like it it's far to early for me to root for failure.

I think most of us would like us to pick up a legit top 4 LD.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016

Best case scenario is that the Blues manage to find a way to trade Krug, and likely trades are Kapanen, Scandella, and MAYBE Vrana. They may like him a bit more than Kapanen, but those are 3-4 trades I could see them wanting to make. I doubt they trade Bortuzzo, but if he wants a chance at another cup, maybe he's moved. Ironically, I think the most obvious thing for the Blues to do is trade some players in the AHL since the team is clogged as f***. Haven't seen a move like that in a while, but this could be the year Army does it.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
No Buch.
No Binny.

Watch the offense decide that tonight is the night to break out 5 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad