Post-Game Talk: Game 3 - Bergie hatty leads the B's - BRUINS 6 Ottawa 3 F

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Yup, I agree! (Touch wood)

I was wondering what his career totals will be at the end and I am thinking 400+ goals, 600+ points, for 1025-1075 points, if he stays healthy and declines relatively slowly.

That would be him around the top 3 in team history for each of those categories. Its actually amazing when you stop and think about where Bergy could finish among the all-time Bruins greats.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
And Krejci is no Bergeron.

Not sure what you are watching through three games, but Krejci is far “colder” than DeBrusk has been.
I don't let 3 games decide on a player. History is the proof. Krejci cannot play a full season, he plays and is hurt all the time. Debrusk - has to still make his history.
In a year we got the cup Krejci in the play offs was a beast, that is his ceiling and it's (likely was) quite high

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I don't let 3 games decide on a player. History is the proof. Krejci cannot play a full season, he plays and is hurt all the time. Debrusk - has to still make his history.
In a year we got the cup Krejci in the play offs was a beast, that is his ceiling and it's (likely was) quite high

Dude, I don’t judge on 3 games either, you were the one that said DeBrusk started off cold and I was just responding to that.

I like Krejci, but for $7.25m, I just expect more. He has been a beast in the past, I just haven’t seen “beast-mode” Krejci in a few years. For what he’s making, he should be driving that line, not being a passenger.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
This keeps getting repeated and it's remains false no matter how many times you say it. can you just stop with the Krejci never plays a full season crap. It's just not true.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
David Krejci at eliteprospects.com

you need to face reality at times

It all depends on how you define a full season doesn't it? If you mean all 82 games, then he's done it twice. If you mean at least 75 games, which is far more reasonable, his record is not that bad: five seasons of 75+ games (or the equivalent in the lockout year) plus the two at 82 is 7 seasons of being regular in the lineup, or over half his career.

His last 82 game season? The season before last.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
David Krejci at eliteprospects.com

you need to face reality at times
4 of the last 6 seasons, Krejci have played more than 90% of the season's games. This idea that he cannot play a full season is a fallacy. Yes, he's been hurt in a couple of seasons. he's been notably durable in more of them. As you say, history is the proof. It just happens to prove your assertion is wrong. Just stop saying it.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
4 of the last 6 seasons, Krejci have played more than 90% of the season's games. This idea that he cannot play a full season is a fallacy. Yes, he's been hurt in a couple of seasons. he's been notably durable in more of them. As you say, history is the proof. It just happens to prove your assertion is wrong. Just stop saying it.
if you are familiar with mathematics 4 out 6 is 67%...do you want your breaks 67% reliable? I don't understand what are we arguing here, I think the Krejci is injury prone is a fact and that it Pejorative Slurs his performance is also a fact, he is aging and no longer worth his contract is also a fact, but he was worth it when he got it.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
if you are familiar with mathematics 4 out 6 is 67%...do you want your breaks 67% reliable? I don't understand what are we arguing here, I think the Krejci is injury prone is a fact and that it ******s his performance is also a fact, he is aging and no longer worth his contract is also a fact, but he was worth it when he got it.
You said he "never" plays a full season. I proved you were incorrect (as did others). Yet you still think that garbage take is fact. I can see exactly what we're arguing here.

That said, even as a big Krejci fan, I can't disagree with the performance part. He's not where he needs to be. (I think that sound is @LSCII 's jaw hitting the floor from me saying that)

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
You said he "never" plays a full season. I proved you were incorrect (as did others). Yet you still think that garbage take is fact. I can see exactly what we're arguing here.

That said, even as a big Krejci fan, I can't disagree with the performance part. He's not where he needs to be. (I think that sound is @LSCII 's jaw hitting the floor from me saying that)

True story!! lol

But in all honesty, if this team wants to make it to the next level, David Krejci has to be a big part of it. They go nowhere without him contributing. He's that important.

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
if you are familiar with mathematics 4 out 6 is 67%...do you want your breaks 67% reliable? I don't understand what are we arguing here, I think the Krejci is injury prone is a fact and that it ******s his performance is also a fact, he is aging and no longer worth his contract is also a fact, but he was worth it when he got it.

In all honesty, if you take the number of regular season games he played since he had a full season with the B's and exclude the lock-out year (I just don't remember how many games they played in that year), he played in more than 89% of the games. Is he performing at the top of his ability - no. Can I really call him significantly more injury prone than an average player - not really...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad