GDT: Game #3/56: Re-Set. | Toronto @ Ottawa | Jan 16th 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Campbell era begins tonight.

Team better show up and play a full 60 but it wouldnt really shock anyone if they didnt.
I think Campbell would have to stand on his head, and get a Gordie Howe hat trick before they would even think of running a stretch with him in net. They will run with Freddie no matter what, unfortunately.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
If we're experimenting with our lines, I want to see Dermott at RD beside Rielly and Brodie with Muzzin. At least there is potential upside there, unlike Thornton as the #1 LW.

I love this idea, although I haven’t really had any issues with Holl.

Brodie and Rielly...they will need some support from our forwards and in the last 3 seasons, that just hasn’t been a reality.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
I love this idea, although I haven’t really had any issues with Holl.

Brodie and Rielly...they will need some support from our forwards and in the last 3 seasons, that just hasn’t been a reality.

Holl is just the odd man out. Brodie and Rielly both need a physical net-front presence. Plus if it works we can pull Bogo from the lineup and insert Lehtonen or Sandin at LD.

Reactions: Critical91

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
That'd be nice. Take out Barabanov & Bogosian. Add Robertson & Lehtonen.

Agreed. This organization was much more exciting when the young fire crackers could get into any game and win a spot with energy and tenacity.

Bogosian has yet to impose himself physically in any way and without that, I don’t really see why he gets minutes.

He handles the puck like Schneider did at the WJCs...total panic mode at the sign of pressure.

Reactions: weems and Morgs

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Hyman dropped down?! Why?
Barabanov out Robertson in to go left side with Matthews and Hyman with Jt. Thats hardly the definition of a drop down. It’s a move up. Barabanov was under 5 minutes average for both games. Robertson won’t accrue as much cap space as Lehtonen and Barabanov but it’s about regrouping already.
Hyman with Tavares anyways. Did you think i meant drop to the 4th line? :) I didn’t.
Robertson
Hyman
Mikheyev
Vesey
Decent left side no?

Reactions: Ciao

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Need to change the line up, hoping for something similar to this.

Hyman - AM34 - Marner
Mikheyev - JT - Willy
Kerfoot - Thornton - Robertson
Vesey - Spezza - Simmonds

Rielly - Brodie
Holl - Muzzin
Lehtonen - Sandin

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Personally I wouldn't touch the lineup. Give it a bit of a "last chance" with that top line after a luckluster effort. If/when it fails

Hyman - AM - MM
Mik - JT - Nylander
Robertson - Thornton - Simmonds
Vesey - Kerfoot - Spezza

Roll that bottom 6, instead of a traditional 3rd and 4th line

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
If we're experimenting with our lines, I want to see Dermott at RD beside Rielly and Brodie with Muzzin. At least there is potential upside there, unlike Thornton as the #1 LW.
Hyman back to LW1 and Robertson replacing Vesey is one thing I want to see.

Campbell to supplant Freddie with a great performance is another.

And then on D, get Lehtonen in for Dermott please.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Barabanov out Robertson in to go left side with Matthews and Hyman with Jt. Thats hardly the definition of a drop down. It’s a move up. Barabanov was under 5 minutes average for both games. Robertson won’t accrue as much cap space as Lehtonen and Barabanov but it’s about regrouping already.
Hyman with Tavares anyways. Did you think i meant drop to the 4th line? :) I didn’t.
Robertson
Hyman
Mikheyev
Vesey
Decent left side no?
Okay, that makes much more sense! Agreed

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Yeah it’s not funny him sitting and Barabanov playing under 5 minutes per.
Barabanov is completely inconsequential for me... I see nothing redeeming there to suggest he belongs and Robertson doesn’t. For Robertson to come into the playoffs as a total newbie and show what he did, and then to be sat in favour of Barabanov, Vesey and even Mik is a joke to me.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I'm for:

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Vesey-Tavares-Nylander
Mikheyev-Kerfoot-Simmonds
Robertson-Spezza-Boyd

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Lehtonen-Dermott

Campbell

- Give Jumbo a rest .. Lots of minutes in his two games, 3rd in 4 nights, and he hasn't been that effective.

- Reunit Hyman with Matthews/Marner to hopefully give that line life

- Bring in Robertson and Boyd who will provide a lot of speed and tenacity on the fourth line, which will be needed in this situation

- Fresh legs on the back end with Lehtonen drawing in

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
I'm for:

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Vesey-Tavares-Nylander
Mikheyev-Kerfoot-Simmonds
Robertson-Spezza-Boyd

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl
Lehtonen-Dermott

Campbell

- Give Jumbo a rest .. Lots of minutes in his two games, 3rd in 4 nights, and he hasn't been that effective.

- Reunit Hyman with Matthews/Marner to hopefully give that line life

- Bring in Robertson and Boyd who will provide a lot of speed and tenacity on the fourth line, which will be needed in this situation

- Fresh legs on the back end with Lehtonen drawing in
Love the idea of Boyd but raise you an Anderson.

I really would love to see Robertson, Anderson and Boyd draw in for Thornton, Vesey, and Barabanov. To me that gives you a huge shift in effort and compete level

Reactions: Cheeks Klapanen

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
didnt Keefe say yesterday Andy on Fri, Campbell on Sat?
I’m not sure, hope so. It’s necessity now mostly even if he was thinking the b2b reasoning for it. Freddy is a wreck. Thats the worst 2 games i seen from him and he was bad in to many two game stretches last year. This is the worst 2 games I can recall from him.
Just keep Campbell in until he needs a rest

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Yeah I mean I haven't hated Bogosian as much as some here....he hasn't been good though. I would not be worried about putting him through waivers, not even a little bit.
They must think he would be claimed, which I believe also. Then there’s the fact that aside from Muzzin, we’re pretty soft on d.

Reactions: Critical91

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Barabanov is completely inconsequential for me... I see nothing redeeming there to suggest he belongs and Robertson doesn’t. For Robertson to come into the playoffs as a total newbie and show what he did, and then to be sat in favour of Barabanov, Vesey and even Mik is a joke to me.
Me too, couldn’t agree more. This is all about gaining cap space and the depth guys being protected from waivers etc. Lehtonen should not be sitting either. So it’s backfired as of 2 games. Just so much wrong beyond that also. Just a sh!tshow top to bottom. Tavares has been awesome.

Reactions: ForzaZuffa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad