GDT: Game #3/56: Re-Set. | Toronto @ Ottawa | Jan 16th 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
3rd game in 4 nights, I would expect some line up shuffles particularly after last night's turd.

Campbell will hopefully come in strong.

Sens have the youthful legs but overall conditioning hasn't been normal with a short camp, so maybe they'll fall a bit flat as the game goes.

No excuses for a loss here tonight.

Reactions: Lumberg

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
rsz-1500x500.jpg

Why do they look like a boy band??? No wonder why we are not getting hits.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Also, I'm not really understanding the Vesey hate. Thornton, I get- I'm just not ready to participate.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Will be interesting to see what happens moving forward if Campbell has a strong outing.

Also I expect a big game from Matthews and Marner.

Time to shuffle the lines Sheldon, this new look isnt working. Also would like for Bogo not to be out there.

Tavares and Nylander looked good the first 2 games. Interesting that we havent had all 4 of the big boys going at the same time.

Reactions: Ciao

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
nothing against him, but he's pretty useless out there. I'd rather have someone in the lineup who isn't content with just being a passenger, like Robertson

Sure, but he's proven to be relatively effective at times in the past and the Leafs very clearly want to have three strong lines. Other than Hyman/Kerfoot, I'm not convinced we have anybody I'd rather slot there.

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
wanna see

Mikyeyev-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Robertson-Jumbo-Kerfoot
Barbanov-Spezza-Simmonds

Rielly Brodie
Muzzin Holl/Lily
Sandin Dermott

then again I can make all the line combos BUT work ethic and compete level cannot be thought it has to come from within; hating to lose; willing to compete, i.e. it has to come from the heart. This team lacks heart IMO

Prove me wrong

Why pull Nylander and Tavares apart when they have combined for 9 points in 2 games?... Why not just give Marner and Matthews Hyman back and let the lines do what they do?

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
it will be interesting to see how the Leafs play in front of a goalie that they haven't completely lost all faith in

I agree.

nothing against him, but he's pretty useless out there. I'd rather have someone in the lineup who isn't content with just being a passenger, like Robertson

I haven’t minded Vesey. From my POV, Spezza and Barbanov have been much worse. The ice is tilted against them on every shift this season.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Please get Thornton off the top line and put Hyman back. That line worked so much better with Zach battling down low and winning pucks. I love Jumbo, but he's clearly not a 1st line player. Assuming Campbell is starting today, please be better than Freddy. Robertson needs to be in the lineup.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Lehtonen won’t be getting in unless there’s an injury, or until we have enough cap room that we don’t have to send Dermott or Bogosian down. Correct?

Correct. At this point, I feel like with another bad outing, I will be willing to lose Dell to waivers if it means playing our best possible options.

Reactions: Beleafer34

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
The third line has been quite good and I am afraid to break that line up.

I don’t want to say but I believe most of us are thinking it - Mik isn’t yet close to being back to the player he was. It’s going to take time. I’d rather not have him in the top 6 right now, though...

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Why pull Nylander and Tavares apart when they have combined for 9 points in 2 games?... Why not just give Marner and Matthews Hyman back and let the lines do what they do?

because we need Nylander to get Matthews going; and we need Tavares to get Marner going

also....

Matthews-Nylander duo has had more success than Matthews Marner
Tavares-Marner duo has had more success then Tavares-Nylander

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Will be interesting to see what happens moving forward if Campbell has a strong outing.

Also I expect a big game from Matthews and Marner.

Time to shuffle the lines Sheldon, this new look isnt working. Also would like for Bogo not to be out there.

Tavares and Nylander looked good the first 2 games. Interesting that we havent had all 4 of the big boys going at the same time.

I'll be the first to say it.

Campbell should be the starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad