BRUINS GDT Game 3 - 5:07 PM - BRUINS at NY Islanders - NESN, NBCSN, SN (except Ontario), 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Don't underestimate the Islanders especially at home. The Bruins need to start scoring 5 on 5 and tonight that begins and will bring a win.

Go Bruins

Realistically I am more enthused about our scoring chances when we are on the PK then when its 5 on 5.

Reactions: duffy

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Frederic would get rocked by Johnston. And I love Frederic.
This is where I am. Frederic is good and would fight Johnston but wouldn't do well.

I will say this about Ross Johnston, he would have done fine 30 years ago against the Proberts, Churla's, McRae's and Grimson's. Besides Reaves I don't know anyone in the league today who would.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
upload_2021-1-18_16-39-4.jpeg

I am once again asking where you can buy those black and gold 88 hats that you see Krejci and Pasta wear

Reactions: GahdenRinkRat

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I don't know about who will fight who, but I am sure that both teams will play with a bit of a chip on their shoulders tonight. The Islanders got embarrassed last game by their NY rivals and played a sloppy, ill-disciplined game that will have infuriated Trotz. The Bruins were also well below their expected standard in both games against the Devils and will (hopefully) be looking to put some increased urgency into their skating tonight and a greater effort to get in close to the net and make things uncomfortable for young Sorokin.

The winner? Well Rask and our D should make scoring difficult for the Isles and then it just comes down to offense. People talk quite highly of Sorokin but he's in only his second NHL game and his first was a bit of a nightmare. If the Bs can get lots of good rubber on net and light him up, they'll win. But if they still don't play with the required intensity and can't generate enough good 5v5 play, then I can see it being a tight 2-1 loss or something like that. I'll get off the fence and optimistically say 3-1 to the good guys.

Reactions: BMC

remer

Oct 18, 2005
No kidding. Enough of trying to be too cute with the extra passes and get em on net!
Problem is they need to find open lanes to shoot. Passes need to be there to open up lanes and move the goalie so they have quality opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad