BRUINS GDT Game 3 - 5:07 PM - BRUINS at NY Islanders - NESN, NBCSN, SN (except Ontario), 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Looks like the kid can fight though, I think Ross is in too. You really think he'd get smoked?
Yup. Right now Johnston is easily among the top five fighters in the league. Frederic is good but not that good.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
@BMC - Did you know Willie O'Ree's first NHL goal was a game-winner against Poutineville?

EsBpZd8W4AM8rzW

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Yip. Right now Johnstin is easily among the top five fighters in the league. Frederic is good but not that good.
I think Reaves is the only guy that can beat Johnston, even then I have it 50/50. But I was watching some of Frederic's fights and I think he could handle himself. Like take Ryan Lomberg from CGY. Most guys would lose, I get that but that kid got smoked. I think Frederic would lose but handle himself.

Hoping to see some fights too, love it. Miller can handle himself, Wagner too.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
those are some big boys for a rookie to the taking on. I dont want to see Frederic having a "staged" fight.

Opening puck drop staged, I would hope not. "Staged" as a momentum shifter if the Bruins are playing without passion... I could see Frederic holding his own against Martin. Frederic is looking to make a name for himself, and Martin isn't the type to take his head off.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Hopefully not! Ross "the Boss" would wreck him!

Yikes. Don’t want Frederic on the IR this early.

Or Matt Martin.

There will be a fight, I'd be shocked if there is not.

I hope not!

If anyone goes with Johnston it should be Ritchie.

Well I mean if a rookie is going to go around laughing at Wood and Subban for not fighting when asked, it works both ways no?

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Freddy is a tough hombre. He plays with a smile kinda like Quaider.

I still love this one.

He brings it.

I wish I could hear him during the games. Seems like he does a lot of chirping with that smile. Had fun last game watching him away from the puck. He definitely tries to get into the other team's head. Subban stupidly eventually took the bait. Impossible to not root hard for this kid.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Well I mean if a rookie is going to go around laughing at Wood and Subban for not fighting when asked, it works both ways no?

Freddy would beat Martin handily IMO

So Wood refused to go with Frederic but he went with Miller ?

Frederic would beat Martin Handily , I don't know about that one either. Martin has a lot of experience and is one tough cookie, it would be nice to see but Martin has a pretty good fight card.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Have today off but needed to do about three hours of documentation, now eagerly awaiting this 5pm start. I’m rooting for Marchy to keep up the pace of being involved in every goal this season:yo:

Here we go :bruins here we go:clap::clap:

Let’s not have this game turn into a Clutterbuck:sarcasm:

Reactions: Fenway and Dr Hook

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I think Freddy holds his own against many guys in the league. The true heavyweights have him on experience and maturity/strength, but he could be there one day.

I know it's only two games, but points or not, I've enjoyed watching him play. I still think he'll be a solid 35-40 winger.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Marchand-Bergeron-Bjork
Debrusk-Krejci-Smith
Ritchie-Coyle-Studnicka
Frederic-Kuraly-Wagner

Uuuuugh. What a sad line up.

Last edited:

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Don't underestimate the Islanders especially at home. The Bruins need to start scoring 5 on 5 and tonight that begins and will bring a win.

Go Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad