Pre-Game Talk: Game 3 - 10/8 10:07 PM - THE BEAR visits Paradise, Nevada - NESN, ESPN+, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

upload_2019-10-7_16-55-2.png

upload_2019-10-7_16-55-33.png

Reactions: hrdpuk

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Forgot this game was tomrrow. I'll have to make do by watching f***ing toronto and f***ing st louis play each other and f***ing hope for both teams to f***ing destroy each other

Not that that will happen of course...a man can dream though

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
A battle between the last two runners-up for the Stanley Cup, both of whom had bad endings to their seasons. The Knights on a phantom major in the third period of a Game 7 and the Bruins on The Line Change.

Hindsight being 20/20, the long term ramifications of the B's dealings with the Knights look OK. Colin Miller was lost in the expansion draft, but has already been traded. Malcolm Subban was lost to waivers, but Halak has been a godsend for the Bruins.

And we'll see some familiar Atlantic Division faces in Mark Stone and Max Pacioretty.

I'm a night owl so I'll be in the GDT.;)

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Vegas have to be hurting and super keen to make amends after the bizarre, awful way their postseason ended. 3-1 up, then a loss, then they get home ice but lose a tight one in 2nd OT despite landing a ridiculous 59 shots on Jones who's a good enough goalie but not a great one. So they rally again, nab a 3 goal lead heading into the 3rd period, only to cop a incredibly harsh major penalty and cough up an absurd 4 goals, but still find an equalizer, then lose in OT anyway and suddenly it's all over.

You couldn't make it up, and just to rub it in they'll have fairly fancied their chances against their not-to-be opponents in the rest of the playoffs too, at least up until the Bs. They certainly made short work of the Sharks in their 'revenge' back-to-backs to start this season. Let's see if they carry that same intent against a different team. I think they will, and it'll be a good game as long as our boys also come to the party, which on form to date unfortunately seems a little less likely.

But we can hope. Let's go Bruins!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad