Tukka Rask

Thought I'd leave this here:

nyquist.gif

Last edited:

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
I think we're capable of winning this game, but I'm fully prepared for a loss tonight. Boston has plenty of reasons to come out flying: we beat them less than a week ago, they've added a well-liked veteran in Gagne who is attempting to make a comeback, and most importantly, they're 1-3 to start the season. I can't see them standing for a 1-4 start to the season.

Now in spite of that logic, and the fact that we're going up against Rask, I really hope we can score more than 2 goals tonight. And that the second line wakes up offensively.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I think we're capable of winning this game, but I'm fully prepared for a loss tonight. Boston has plenty of reasons to come out flying: we beat them less than a week ago, they've added a well-liked veteran in Gagne who is attempting to make a comeback, and most importantly, they're 1-3 to start the season. I can't see them standing for a 1-4 start to the season.

Now in spite of that logic, and the fact that we're going up against Rask, I really hope we can score more than 2 goals tonight. And that the second line wakes up offensively.

they also have krejci back.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
they also have krejci back.

True. But he came back the other night and wasn't much of a factor. That could be rust, though, and we might get a better Krejci tonight. But part of me wonders if Krejci is really 100% right now. I think I heard Ken Daniels say something to the effect of "Krejci should be out for at least a few games, but some think it could be more like weeks." Not sure where Daniels got that information from, but it could suggest that Krejci's injury is lingering.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Will be interesting to see Gus-Z-Mule together but it also puts more pressure on Sheahan's line to provide offense because we can't really expect it from line 3 & 4 and Zetterberg will match up against Bergeron.

But it's nice to see Helm and Abby together again. Hopefully though, it's the 4th line and not 3rd line later on.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Will be interesting to see Gus-Z-Mule together but it also puts more pressure on Sheahan's line to provide offense because we can't really expect it from line 3 & 4 and Zetterberg will match up against Bergeron.

But it's nice to see Helm and Abby together again. Hopefully though, it's the 4th line and not 3rd line later on.

Helm and Abby have both looked more dangerous this year (and in the pre-season) so far. Maybe that's because they've been playing with better players, but it could also be that they're hitting their stride. It isn't uncommon for grinders to grow into a 3rd line scoring role in their mid-to-late 20s.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Helm and Abby have both looked more dangerous this year (and in the pre-season) so far. Maybe that's because they've been playing with better players, but it could also be that they're hitting their stride. It isn't uncommon for grinders to grow into a 3rd line scoring role in their mid-to-late 20s.

Hate the 8 PM game.

I'd rather see

Gator-Weiss-Helm but whateverz. Just win baby. MUST WIN.

That example just shows how big getting Weiss in (and performing) would be. It completely changes the outlook for a line like that.

We can win games with what we have now, but we're too limited in the long run without Datsyuk, Alfie, Mantha and Weiss. In that order, imo.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
That example just shows how big getting Weiss in (and performing) would be. It completely changes the outlook for a line like that.

We can win games with what we have now, but we're too limited in the long run without Datsyuk, Alfie, Mantha and Weiss. In that order, imo.

Agree dats, mantha Weiss line would give us 3 scoring lines.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009

Alfredsson is too slow to keep up with this team anymore. I don't care if he's a right-handed shot. All four lines bring speed and energy.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Alfredsson is too slow to keep up with this team anymore. I don't care if he's a right-handed shot. All four lines bring speed and energy.

if there's room for freaking Joakim Andersson's lack of speed there's room for our leading scorer last year

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
I hope Nyquist plays on the right wing instead of the left. He is more assertive and dangerous attacking from that side of the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad