Pre-Game Talk: Game 3 - 1/18 5:07 PM - BRUINS at NY Islanders - NESN, NBCSN, SN (except Ontario), 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Given our current circumstances, I still dont understand why we don't try to have at least 2 solid lines

Marchand Bergeon Krejci
Debrusk Coyle Smith
Frederic Kuraly Wagner
Ritchie Stud Bjork

Reactions: RustyBruins72

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
That's absolutely nuts, especially from a branding perspective. I could probably identify at least half of the NHL arenas if you played me a broadcast and blurred out the names of players, but gave me the background organ music and some other game day cues. The Flyers -are- Gritty. CBJ -is- the cannon. The Habs -are- the "shave and a haircut, two bits!" that finishes off every organ cue from that crazy Hab lady. (Cue the video.)

Reactions: talkinaway

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
In this format every single point matters

I can tell you this from being there - both the Flyers and Devils are trying to make it feel like a home game as much as possible.

I can also tell you the Bruins are not. On Thursday night at TD Garden, there will be no Jim Martin on the PA and no Ron Poster on the organ. They seem oblivious that the sounds of the home arena might bring comfort to the players and viewers watching at home.
Jacobs doesn’t want to pay them

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Who is in net for the Isles today ? K.Lind ? A guy who doesn’t even have a photo ?! Oh oh , usually means trouble .

Islanders don't even have a K. Lind on their roster, so that's definitely some kind of typo. Sounds like it will most likely be Sorokin, who just got lit up by the Rangers on Saturday, which means he's due for a shutout tonight.

Reactions: Zillah
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino