GOALIES

Kari Lehtonen
Dan Ellis

INJURIES

Stephane Robidas - IR - Broken Leg
Aaron Rome - IR - Lower Body
Tyler Seguin - Day-To-Day - Concussion-Like Symptoms
Ryan Garbutt - Day-To-Day - Lower Body

Dallas will close out a brief two-game road trip Thursday and will try to continue its recent success away from American Airlines Center. The Stars won seven of their past eight road games, including a 3-2 victory at the Blackhawks on Tuesday where Antoine Roussel scored the game-winning goal on a penalty shot. But with defensemen Stephane Robidas (broken leg) and Aaron Rome (lower body) on injured reserve and forward Ryan Garbutt (left game Tuesday after blocking shot) questionable for Thursday, the Stars will have a lot to overcome against an equally banged-up Toronto team.

Ruff did not hold a team practice Wednesday as the Stars were scheduled to fly to Toronto, but Seguin was already in the city and scheduled to skate on his own in hopes of playing Thursday.

"[Seguin's] doing well,î Ruff told the Dallas Morning News early Wednesday. "He did really well [Monday], he'll be the one guy who will skate [Wednesday], and there's a possibility he could play in Toronto."

:leafs
14-11-3
6th in the East - 5th in the Atlantic

FORWARDS

James van Riemsdyk - Nazem Kadri - Phil Kessel
Mason Raymond - Trevor Smith - David Clarkson
Jerry D'Amigo - Peter Holland - Nikolai Kulemin
Frazer MacLaren - Jay McClement - Carter Ashton

DEFENSE

Dion Phaneuf - Carl Gunnarsson
Jake Gardiner - Cody Franson
Morgan Rielly - Mark Fraser
(Ranger may dress)

TAXI DRIVERS OF THE TWINE TEMPLES

Jonathan Bernier
James Reimer

INJURIES

Dave Bolland (ankle)
Joffrey Lupul (groin)
Bozak (oblique)
Orr (elbow)

Toronto lost its past four games (0-2-2) and will need to turn it around while dealing with the possibility of missing some key components to its lineup. In addition to the questionable status of Kessel with what Carlyle called a "tweak in part of his body," center Tyler Bozak (MRI on upper-body injury suffered Tuesday) and right wing Colton Orr (elbow) missed practice Wednesday. And while Joffrey Lupul participated in a portion of the full practice, the forward left the ice and did not return to deal with a continuing groin injury. But there might be a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel as defenseman Cody Franson (lower body) and forward Nazem Kadri (personal) skated Wednesday and both are hopeful to return to the lineup Thursday. In spite of the mounting injuries, Toronto placed Jerred Smithson on waivers Wednesday. The forward registered zero points and one shot on goal in 13 games played this season.

Carlyle recognizes the difficult road ahead in regards to the injuries, but put much of the responsibility to help the team bounce back on him and his assistants.

"Now it seems like every day we turn around, there's another key piece of the lineup that's not available to us," Carlyle said Wednesday. "I think it's imperative that we, as a coaching staff, show leadership."

Who's hot: Goalie Kari Lehtonen is 1-0-2 with an average of 34 saves per game over his past three starts for Dallas. Ö Forward James van Riemsdyk has five points (3 goals, 2 assists) over the past four games for Toronto.

DAS UPDAT

YIWwdJN.png

q9Ho49o.png

z1g05yA.png

z4sQvXb.png

Uq7ILBK.png

K2tZPKi.png

Last edited by a moderator:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
And we thought our center depth was bad... Yikes.

With that said, Dallas is still a good team. Well coached and they take defensive hockey seriously, unlike us. They just won against a cup contender with their injury issues, so there's really no excuse for us to keep losing because we are missing a couple guys.

It would be nice to stop the bleeding now and get a win but I'm not sure if tonight will be the night. Seems like we'll never win again with our luck and play of late.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I predict goals from their entire bottom six as well as bottom pairing defenseman.

One of THOSE games where the opening line to the NHL.com recap is, "On a night where the stars of the Stars were shutdown, it was their secondary scoring that stepped up to the plate to defeat the fading Leafs 94 to 0."

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
We may never win again until Bolland has recovered, is in top shape, and playing lights out hockey. lol

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I predict goals from their entire bottom six as well as bottom pairing defenseman.

One of THOSE games where the opening line to the NHL.com recap is, "On a night where the stars of the Stars were shutdown, it was their secondary scoring that stepped up to the plate to defeat the fading Leafs 94 to 0."

I predict that even their backup goalie scores a goal, and from the bench to boot!

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Wow, how ridiculous is the Toronto Maple Leafs fanbase.... You'd think I'd be used to it by now, but this team is in a ****ing playoff spot and you guys are complaining about how we'll never win another game, get a grip and cheer for your team... or at least offer some positive critiquing instead of "oh my god, we're never gonna win again! This team sucks at everything." It's a slump.... the Canucks just went through one as bad or worse than ours and are now heating up, I don't see why our team can't do the same.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Damn that go pro cam, lookin good.

We honestly have the one of the worst bottom 6 in the league. Carlyle is so stubborn and will only have his 3rd line as a shutdown line so they generate like no offence, and then our 4th line is just a goon squad that never touches the puck...Its frustrating...

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Wow, how ridiculous is the Toronto Maple Leafs fanbase.... You'd think I'd be used to it by now, but this team is in a ****ing playoff spot and you guys are complaining about how we'll never win another game, get a grip and cheer for your team... or at least offer some positive critiquing instead of "oh my god, we're never gonna win again! This team sucks at everything." It's a slump.... the Canucks just went through one as bad or worse than ours and are now heating up, I don't see why our team can't do the same.

Because we're slump busters for other teams, and, no other teams act as slump busters for us. :naughty:

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
Leafs PR ‏@LeafsPR 3m

#Leafs have recalled forward Jerry D'Amigo from the Toronto Marlies (AHL). #TMLtalk

Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets 10m

D'amigo steps on the ice. Leivo is here too. #TMLtalk

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
Really happy for D'amigo. I'm more happy for Leivo, and he deserves it more.

D'amigo 4th line. Should bring energy, speed. Leivo i hope takes Lupul's spot on 2nd, and Raymond on 3rd line.

HockeyGuy82

Jan 22, 2011
Ottawa
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050

Jonathan Bernier starts tonight against Dallas.

Am i alone today out here? :laugh: Oh well, i'm having fun, :laugh:

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Really hoping Carlyle is changing his position on bottom 6's after the last game...

JVR - Kadri - Kessel
Leivo - Smith - Clarkson
MayRay - Holland - Kulemin
D'amigo - McClement - Ashton

Possible line-up? IDK if the Leafs called up an extra marlie just in case something happens in warm-up or if Marlies are going on a road trip? But I hope D'amigo and Leivo get in...

Edit: Move MayRay up to 2nd line, Ashton or D'amigo to 3rd, and insert McLaren (EW!) because I think we have no other options called-up as of now...

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Glad to see D'Amigo finally getting his chance, or at least getting some NHL experience.

I don't see him playing but he's likely there in case Bozak and/or Kessel can't go.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Have there been any updates on Bozak (went for an MRI yesterday), Kessel (he's fine as far as I know), or Lupul (Skating with the team I believe? but had a set-back yesterday).

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Leafs 4th line really stunk up the joint last game so personnel changes were not unexpected.

D'Amigo -- McClement -- McLaren

That will at least be playable.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050

Jonathan Bernier starts tonight against Dallas.

Am i alone today out here? :laugh: Oh well, i'm having fun, :laugh:

Exams are probably limiting the amount of people... or because of our slump, either way in the last 2-3 games I've noticed a lot less people in the GDT (maybe just because some posters get ridiculous and are calling for a tank when we're losing 1-0 or 2-0 against the 2nd best team in the league :P)

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010
Really happy for D'amigo. I'm more happy for Leivo, and he deserves it more.

D'amigo 4th line. Should bring energy, speed. Leivo i hope takes Lupul's spot on 2nd, and Raymond on 3rd line.

Leivo deserves it more? I dont think so. D'amigo's been cutting his teeth in the AHL for years. Deserved to be up last year but oh no Carlyle LOVES his ****ing face punchers. If FML and Orr never saw NHL ice again it would be too soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad