GDT: Game 29: Seattle Kraken(10-15-3) @ Anaheim Ducks(16-9-5) - 7:00 p.m. PT / 10:00 p.m. ET

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Gru is a big problem. A new team with $11MM invested in G (based on memory) deserves better. Caps (and Avs) were right about him. He is Bobrovsky II.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Gru is a big problem. A new team with $11MM invested in G (based on memory) deserves better. Caps (and Avs) were right about him. He is Bobrovsky II.

So he should be fantastic in year three of his contract? :D

Anyways, like I've said he needs a break and maybe even a mental coach(the Avs did that as well) in order to work his way back.

And we need him to do that because we don't need a backup with a $5.9 mil cap hit for the next five seasons.

Toomany7pins

Dec 4, 2018
Seattle Area
What has Grub done to earn this playing time.?
I get CD been hurt a lot of the year but that can no longer be an excuse to keep putting an underachieving player out there on most nights.

Reactions: kihei

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
What has Grub done to earn this playing time.?
I get CD been hurt a lot of the year but that can no longer be an excuse to keep putting an underachieving player out there on most nights.

We're playing a back-to-back and Driedger played the first game.

Also, even though he's been off today, the first and the third goal are something he can't do anything about.

BTW: Now we can't even keep the puck on the pp and are playing defense most of the time....

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
So he should be fantastic in year three of his contract? :D

Anyways, like I've said he needs a break and maybe even a mental coach(the Avs did that as well) in order to work his way back.

And we need him to do that because we don't need a backup with a $5.9 mil cap hit for the next five seasons.
. He will be so good in year 3. As long as Kraken doesn't make playoffs. :D

Seriously though, I agree with you. Gru is not awful, but he is right now. A break may help. Ron had a good idea that super strong G's may make the Kraken relevant. Given how no one was going to make Vegas-esque trades prior to the expansion draft, I get it. It didn't work. So what, nice try, I'd say. At the end of this season we will still have the exact same number of Stanley Cups as the Vegas Golden Knights.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
I don't like that Giordano - Larsson pairing on defense, especially against faster teams.
Larsson isn't all that fast but Giordano seems to be completely out of his depth skating wise against those kind of players.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Hank points out the obvious. The Kraken have a lot of good players but no great players.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
We're playing a back-to-back and Driedger played the first game.

Also, even though he's been off today, the first and the third goal are something he can't do anything about.

BTW: Now we can't even keep the puck on the pp and are playing defense most of the time....
Drie hasn't done shit this year. If he can't manage several back to backs in a row, given how rested he is, that is unfortunate.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Drie hasn't done shit this year. If he can't manage several back to backs in a row, given how rested he is, that is unfortunate.

Driedger has been on IRL twice already and unless you're Vasilevsky you don't play on back-to-backs, especially with Driedgers injury problems.

BTW: Now Deslaurier's allowed to smash Wennberg into the boards and that's OK. :dunno:

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
That hit on Wennberg should have been a penalty. NHL refs.

Anaheim is a good team. Second of a back to back. Kraken goaltending has been insanely poor per the actual stats. We get to watch an NHL team in Washington State!

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Anaheim has a bunch of promising young players and really look like they are headed in the right direction.

Not a stellar effort from us, though.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
That hit on Wennberg should have been a penalty. NHL refs.

Anaheim is a good team. Second of a back to back. Kraken goaltending has been insanely poor per the actual stats. We get to watch an NHL team in Washington State!

After that he did something similar to Appleton as well.
At some point you gotta make it clear to him that this isn't acceptable, if the refs don't do anything about it.

Still, no surprise we lost this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad