GDT: Game 29: Seattle Kraken(10-15-3) @ Anaheim Ducks(16-9-5) - 7:00 p.m. PT / 10:00 p.m. ET

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
After a nice win in their first ever meeting against the Sharks the Kraken have traveled a little more south in California to play the pacific division leading Anaheim Ducks.
The Ducks, so far, are the surprise team of the season and are at the top of the pacific divsion even though everyone expected them in last place or close to that.

------------------------------------------------------------
Where are they playing?
Honda Center, Anaheim, CA
003b29d751bb70b3bf1fc318e6c0ad93.jpg

When does the game start?
7:00 p.m. PT / 10:00 p.m. ET / 4:00 a.m. CET

How to watch?
TNT, Sportsnet, ESPN+, NHL Gamecenter

-------------------------------------------------------------

3 Keys to the game

1) Turnovers/defensive positioning
During last nights win at San Jose the Kraken were able to limit their turnovers and played a solid defensive game thanks to being in the right position most of the game.

2) Grubi
I don't like calling out players but even though it has been a bit better as of late, Grubi needs to step it up if we want to win some games.
Driedger, although with some nice rebounds available, played pretty solid last night and showed that a confident goalie helps the defenders.

3) Play intelligently
That, of course, is something you should always do but the Ducks are a young and uptempo team.
That will probably be a tougher opposition than the Sharks, because they have more firepower on offense, but it also means that they're more vulnerable on defense and could be cought on odd man rushes if we played it well enough defensively.

------------------------------------------------

i

Top Scorers:
Jaden Schwartz: 6(G) - 13(A) ---> 19 points
Jorden Eberle: 12(G) - 6(A) ---> 18 points
Yanni Gourde: 6(G) - 10(A) ---> 16 points

Work Load:
Adam Larsson: 21:59 TOI/Game
Mark Giordano: 20:45 TOI/Game
Vince Dunn: 19:45 TOI/Game

Netminders:
Philipp Grubauer: 7-11-3 / .884(SV%) / 3.25 GAA
Chris Driedger: 3-2-0 / .898(SV%) / 3.07 GAA
Joey D'Accord: 0-2-0 / .866(SV%) / 3.54 GAA

i

Top Scorers:
Troy Terry: 17(G) - 11(A) ---> 28 points
Trevor Zegras: 6(G) - 16(A) ---> 22 points
Sonny Milaon: 8(G) - 12(A) ---> 20 points

Work Load:
Cam Fowler: 23:32 TOI/Game
Hamphus Lindholm: 22:24 TOI/Game
Jamie Drysdale: 20:02 TOI/Game

Netminders:

John Gibson: 11-7-4 / .918(SV%) / 2.57 GAA
Anthony Stolarz: 5-2-1 / .930(SV%) / 2.26 GAA

--------------------------------------------------

During their last meeting the Ducks beat the Kraken 7-4 at Climate Pledge arena where the Kraken performed a really special goalie pull as everyone but the puck carrier(Schwartz) also changed and left the Ducks on a 5-1 empty net situation they scored from.

So let's hope it doesn't get to a point where we have to pull the goalie and if it does, let's hope the team has learned from it.

Given that Driedger played yesterdy Grubauer will start tonight and has another chance to work on his numbers.

OK, so let's have some fun in here
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

bring some beverages
giphy.gif

And as always
giphy.gif

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
In the tail-end of back-to-back games we are 1-1 so far this season (a loss to New Jersey; a win over Florida), with this being only the third back-to-back occurence of the season for the Kraken (though we have another pair coming up immediately on the 18th and 19th).

Reactions: Ray Martyniuk

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Carrick is a POS and so is N Deslauriers! NHL needs to get this garbage outta of the NHL! Goons can play in the ECHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad