GDT: Game 29: Seattle Kraken(10-15-3) @ Anaheim Ducks(16-9-5) - 7:00 p.m. PT / 10:00 p.m. ET

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Yeah, not so much, at least in terms of real world stats of goalies playing back-to-backs. Why NHL coaches need to revisit the idea that goalies shouldn’t start on back-to-back nights

Well, then you have to talk to the coaches.
Also, most teams have a 1A + 1B situation going on and don't want to play a guy those back-to-back games.

Grubauer playing so much had clearly to do with Driedger missing all that time and like I've said, it wouldn't be smart to play Driedger in such a situation with him already having two stints on IR this season and just being back and having played one game since his last injury.

From now on I'd expect a split in starts, given how Grubauer has played and that Hakstol needs to find something in net because I doubt he wants to lose all the time.

Of course, if Grubauer's out then Driedger and D'Accord get their chance.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Something definitely needs to be done to help Grubauer. This is definitely a catastophic season for him so far. He's not had anything close to this bad in his career, I'm sure he's unhappy about that, which will only make it worse.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Something definitely needs to be done to help Grubauer. This is definitely a catastophic season for him so far. He's not had anything close to this bad in his career, I'm sure he's unhappy about that, which will only make it worse.

Well, maybe a stint on IR will help settle him down and work a bit on his basics, while also watching film, wll help with that.

Also, maybe bringing in a mental coach might be worth a shot because I doubt there's much confidence left right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad