GDT: GAME 29 | Penguins @ Senators | I Saw Timmy Kissing Santa Clause | Sat Dec 23 2023 7PM | SN360, City, TVAS

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
i dont kno how i feel about cancelling the helmet videos. Gave fans a unique version of access to the team even if it was only like 20 seconds and a 3 word speech.

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
I hope Jacques is not employing a defence only strategy with a 2 goal lead in the third period. We saw enough of that under a previous coach. Perhaps it is a "baby steps" approach to fix what has been ailing this team.
I don't think so. In his post-game interview, he specifically said they didn't play well like they did in the first 2 periods.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
i dont kno how i feel about cancelling the helmet videos. Gave fans a unique version of access to the team even if it was only like 20 seconds and a 3 word speech.
I’ll trade those videos for a more professional approach and wins. If there’s even a correlation which is doubtful. Nice for kids I guess to see the players behind closed doors tho

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
It was cute but not very professional.

This team needs a whole lot more professionalism so if it was cancelled for that reason, I like it.

Reactions: Agent Zub

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
I am. But for a shift or 3 only while a chat takes place.
Exactly this! Too many people have been speaking about benching like it is binary all or nothing. Who said 'benching' has to be a life sentence? Nothing at all wrong with a player missing a shift or more while the coach ensures the player gets a message. Don't listen or ignore a coach's mesage and you should hardly be surprised or bothered to find your ass nailed to the bench! Perfect!

Last edited:

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
Was so looking forward to that…maybe if got abolished by JM? No iPads on benches for players, so could be a cultural change. Or they did it privately with no video
Could be... Big difference between a coach occasionally deciding to review a particular play with a player on an ipad and a player ignoring the coach or general game play because they're too busy admiring a play. They still have ipads on the bench for coaches to review offsides or whatever. It simply comes down to balance, using technology properly to team advantage but not being distracted by it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix and DrEasy

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
Yes and it's work in progress but I have confidence in Jacques and Alfie and the coach staff
Years ago under Jacques you could equate a one one goal lead for the Sens to a boa constrictor death sentence for the opposing team. That's not the case right now, but I expect he will transition them to a point where they know better what to do with a lead and are much more confident, not frantic with a lead. It will take time...

Last edited:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Years ago under Jacques you could equate a one one goal lead for the Sens to a boa constrictor death sentence for the opposing team. That's not the case right now, but I expect he will transition them to a point where they know better what to do with a lead and are much more confident, not frantic with a lead. It will take time...
I think some of the players on this team do not know how to play individually without the puck (mark a man, take away passing lanes, intercept a pass, check, lift a stick, be in the right place, anticipation, read and react, etc.). Their play in their D zone reveals this. Too many risks taken. Reminds me of Spezza's total focus on getting the puck and not playing defensively. This will take some time for the coaching staff to address.

Then there is the strategy side to be fixed.

Reactions: WallyD and LiseL

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think the thing to look at these last few games is that it’s proving that they actually CAN play good NHL hockey. They can clog the neutral zone. They can actually keep opponents to the perimeter. But they’re learning that every shift you need to be focused. It’s the best league in the world and one mistake can end up in the back of your net. Like the fourth penguins goal. Brady juuuust starts getting way too focused on the puck and just starts gliding over. And leaves letang. Boom back of the net.

One thing for sure tho every one is giving max effort on their shifts. They’re so much more active since Martin took over. Fighting constantly then getting off.

Reactions: LiseL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad