Not open for further replies.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
nTfaqIo.gif

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
not sure why, but i'm having a hard time enjoying these games this season. it's not as bad as it was last year, but just seeing nothing happen besides missed opportunity after missed opportunity is just not fun. I really wish the kids were just better
Meh ive enjoyed a majority of the games... the team generates chances.... and keeps games close/exciting... just don't think we have the overall talent to win those close games.

Not really on the players and not really on Eakins... that's on BM.

The holes on the roster were obvious... and he decided to go with the young guys instead of finding a Montour replacement, and a top 6 winger.... and the youngsters havnt really panned out.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Meh ive enjoyed a majority of the games... the team generates chances.... and keeps games close/exciting... just don't think we have the overall talent to win those close games.

The holes on the roster were obvious... and he decided to go with the young guys instead of finding a Montour replacement, and a top 6 winger.... and the youngsters havnt really panned out.
to each their own I guess. I don't find Steel screwing up a one timer constantly to be exciting, or Terry deke into the zone just to lose the puck entertaining, or seeing nearly everyone have no ability to capitalize on an open net fun; just frustrating at this point that none of them seem to be making vast improvements offensively. They're better than at the start of the season, but not to the degree we need them to be if they are the future forward core of this team.

Also our goaltending being just average this season hasn't helped either.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

I was hyped because of how the team was performing last year when Bob took over. The team was better defensively last year and was better on the PP unit. This year, our PP stinks worse than a Carlyle lead Ducks team last year and our defense is meh due to a lot of injuries. Montour doesn't play a great defensive game and this year with the Sabres, Buffalo is 4-8-3 with Monty in the lineup.

An improved PP production alone can actually do more wonders in the win column. Yet the ES is just meh and there are no aggressive hitters on the team outside of Getz and the fourth line. Getting Manson back gives us another aggressive hitter and improves our defense.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
to each their own I guess. I don't find Steel screwing up a one timer constantly to be exciting, or Terry deke into the zone just to lose the puck entertaining, or seeing nearly everyone have no ability to capitalize on an open net fun; just frustrating at this point that none of them seem to be making vast improvements offensively. They're better than at the start of the season, but not to the degree we need them to be if they are the future forward core of this team.

Also our goaltending being just average this season hasn't helped either.
Idk what your expectations were.... but the team is basically where they should be

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I was hyped because of how the team was performing last year when Bob took over. The team was better defensively last year and was better on the PP unit. This year, our PP stinks worse than a Carlyle lead Ducks team last year and our defense is meh due to a lot of injuries. Montour doesn't play a great defensive game and this year with the Sabres, Buffalo is 4-8-3 with Monty in the lineup.

An improved PP production alone can actually do more wonders in the win column. Yet the ES is just meh and there are no aggressive hitters on the team outside of Getz and the fourth line. Getting Manson back gives us another aggressive hitter and improves our defense.
yeah missing manson/Lindholm for significant time this year has hurt the flow of the team.... I think wed be in a much better situation if we had em for those games

man refs really screwing this game up

Reactions: Ducks DVM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad