GDT: Game #29 | Flyers @ Blues | 7PM | GDT Effort = Team Effort??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
garbage team and offensively offensive.

seems like unless tarasenko and allen carry the team, they lose.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Team is really turning a corner

1440likeaboss_zpsp7wagmrq.gif

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
Time to burn it down yet? :)

Army isn't gonna do **** to acquire assets even if it starts to look like the season is a bust. He's all in with Hitch this year. They're both gonna go down with the ship IF it comes to that. Still long way to go, but it looks like we have no offensive identity right now because of Hitch's "reckless" adjustments. :shakehead

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I had to laugh at the second intermission when Kelly and Pang were like, "we'll see what adjustment Hitch and the Blues make"...as if Hitchcock is capable of making any adjustments. This team is stale. The forwards don't make anything happen, and the defense doesn't make life difficult at all for the opposing forwards. I'd love playing the Blues if i were a forward for another team. You're going to get to drive to the net unimpeded and have plenty of opportunities to score from <5 feet out.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Raffl, Read and Giroux all scored from 3 feet out. The only guys who consistently try to clear the crease are Bortuzzo and Edmundson...no wonder we lost. Bouwmeester is the king of the whiffed stick-check...then you've got Gunnarsson, Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk who are all vets and should know how to defend the front of their own goal.

I won't rip Parayko and Lindbohm, because each have less than 30-games of NHL experience...but it's too bad that they have to learn how to defend from this group of paper-tigers.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
The Blues played a very good third period, but came up short. We need more consistent offense and less one-and-done play. It's really that simple. We need to make the changes Hitch said last night (and most of us for the last season and a half) and get an offensive upgrade in our top 6. D have to be mobile in the neutral zone and run up the ice with the puck like a QB does when he has no passing option, and the PP has to be more mobile (shifting and driving the circles to draw defenders and get to high percentage areas).

Until we fix this, I won't get super excited even if we beat the good teams. We're making a lot of panicky, slow passes through the neutral zone and are turning the puck over a lot because of it - we need a strong grasp of good breakout fundamentals and support from mobile Dmen. Sometimes these panic passes make us look good when they miraculously thread a needle the passer didn't even know was there, but, for the most part, it's not going to cut it against better defenses and transitions.

Lindbohm looks good and will get better as he adjusts in. Gunnar's days are numbered. Ideally, I'd like to see the previous strategy changes implemented (well), and to see this lineup when healthy.

Schwartz Stastny Tarasenko
Steen Backes XXX
Jaskin/Paajarvi/Berglund Lehtera Fabbri/Brouwer
Ott Brodziak Upshall

Lindbohm Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester Shattenkirk
Edmundson Parayko

Brouwer just does not fit when healthy, and we have a glut of extra forwards and Dmen. I'd like to see a trade to remove a few at the deadline (or sooner); potentially trading Gunnarsson+Rattie+pick/prospect for a really nice scoring winger (Eriksson).

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Raffl, Read and Giroux all scored from 3 feet out. The only guys who consistently try to clear the crease are Bortuzzo and Edmundson...no wonder we lost. Bouwmeester is the king of the whiffed stick-check...then you've got Gunnarsson, Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk who are all vets and should know how to defend the front of their own goal.

I won't rip Parayko and Lindbohm, because each have less than 30-games of NHL experience...but it's too bad that they have to learn how to defend from this group of paper-tigers.

I think Lindbohm did clear crease well enough, but that one overreact 2nd goal was bad. This was his second game in up. I really don't see that 'regressed' what some have told about his performance in AHL. Sure he havent make huge step forward yet..

I'll sum up +10GP.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Even if our team decides to pull their heads out of each others *****, does anyone here still think this current roster even with Schwartz is good enough to navigate their way through a extended playoff run?

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
Even if our team decides to pull their heads out of each others *****, does anyone here still think this current roster even with Schwartz is good enough to navigate their way through a extended playoff run?

Nope. I was lobbying for a minor retooling at the end of last season and I still hold that sentiment. Army is all in, and if we fail again then Backes will walk when we could have traded him for a 1st round pick + prospect.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
If the Blues traded J-Bow & Gunnar tomorrow there's 0 chance the Blues are any worse defensively.

Put Lehtera with Tarasenko and X.

Stastny and Tarasenko have no chemistry. It's oil and water.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Nope. I was lobbying for a minor retooling at the end of last season and I still hold that sentiment. Army is all in, and if we fail again then Backes will walk when we could have traded him for a 1st round pick + prospect.

Well wont that be nice. I always love losing a Center we could have got a Kessler return for, for nothing in return instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad