GDT: Game 29 | Detroit Red Wings @ Vancouver Canucks| 10:00 PM EST | FS-D+ CBC

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
No one is complaining that Anderson isn't centering the top line. We complain because guys like Nyquist and Tatar who have more than proven themselves in the AHL are not given a chance to strut in the big leagues.

Lashoff has never really shown anything other than being a bottom pairing kind of guy. Yet was given significant time with Kronwall.

That's the difference. We are talking about expectations based on past performance.

What about expectations based on past performance when it comes to Kindl? Lashoff in 2 dozen games has shown more than Kindl. Sorry if that hurts some feelings. Protip: your pet prospect doesn't always live up to the hype.

Mort Divine

Jun 12, 2012
Fargo, ND
What about expectations based on past performance when it comes to Kindl? Lashoff in 2 dozen games has shown more than Kindl. Sorry if that hurts some feelings. Protip: your pet prospect doesn't always live up to the hype.

Career wise maybe, but Kindl has been far better this season.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
It's funny: people complain about young guys not getting a shot and then when one gets one and shows good potential they freak out because he's not fully polished. Lashoff is blowing away expectations, no one could have predicted he'd be a top four guy THIS YEAR. Good for him.

I know he had a disastrous run with Kronwall in a top pairing role, but aside from that, I don't think Lashoff has been a top 4 guy. And I haven't seen anything out of him to bank on him becoming a solid top 4 guy in the future. Seems like Babs has wisely tried to shield him from the tougher matchups for a while now.

I'm not on the Kindl bandwagon, but IMO he's been better than Lashoff. Not that it really matters- on a team with quality defensive depth, both guys would be fighting for 3rd pairing mins. Maybe they'll be our 3rd pairing for the future, who knows?

we like our team*

last night i had a dream about holland trading kindl and smith for visnovsky

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Great effort. Ultimate trolling of HFboards as well. Without even looking, Mindfly stated that this game was boring and the Wings didn't deserve to win it because Canucks played bad/Howard had to stand on his head/Gave up goal 6 seconds in/Cleary and Abdelkader scored/ect...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad