Question...the faceoff to start OT
Teows tied up Krejci and played the puck back to teammate with his skate
I thought this was an illegal play and an automatic whistle
Thanks

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I'm not banking on Miller even being a Bruin anymore, honestly.

Its time for management to look elsewhere. We need his element, just a younger healthier version. Miller is unfortunately trending like McQuaid and Seids. Their style does not have a long shelf life. I am not sure who we have in house but we need to get a guy like that. I think we only have Ritchie to address this and make this his only game plan, hit everything in sight, till we get an upgrade. Backes is trying but his best days are gone and I am afraid for his well being. Frederic is the only other guy but not sure Cassidy wants him up. Other teams are going learn from the last few games on how to get Pasta off his game. I am sure Neely is already looking into it.

Reactions: missingchicklet

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Its time for management to look elsewhere. We need his element, just a younger healthier version. Miller is unfortunately trending like McQuaid and Seids. Their style does not have a long shelf life. I am not sure who we have in house but we need to get a guy like that. I think we only have Ritchie to address this and make this his only game plan, hit everything in sight, till we get an upgrade. Backes is trying but his best days are gone and I am afraid for his well being. Frederic is the only other guy but not sure Cassidy wants him up.
David Savard Columbus

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Question...the faceoff to start OT
Teows tied up Krejci and played the puck back to teammate with his skate
I thought this was an illegal play and an automatic whistle
Thanks
I think skates are fine its gloves they whistle and maybe its a penalty.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I don't want Miller gone, I actually really like him as a player but the guy just can't stay healthy and that is a problem. He probably will be gone and maybe ought to be based on that. Hard to bring the good things he does when he's constantly on the IR list.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
We lose in OT in a game we are playing terribly at and now all of a sudden people are panicked and want to reaction trade for toughness?

We are the best team in the league and the fans are panicking.

Reactions: Estlin

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
You are allowed to push with your stick. I dont think what Toews did qualifies as a crosscheck and I think Pasta fell really easily. It looks like a flop to me but who knows.
The big question is if an advantage was gained. that's what usually drives a call from the refs. Just because "pushing with the stick" while the stick is horizontal to the ice happens a lot during each game, doesn't mean it's not a cross check. We all know that a LOT of plays during the course of a game are technically against the rules - just because a call isn't made doesn't make it a strictly legal play.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Its time for management to look elsewhere. We need his element, just a younger healthier version. Miller is unfortunately trending like McQuaid and Seids. Their style does not have a long shelf life. I am not sure who we have in house but we need to get a guy like that. I think we only have Ritchie to address this and make this his only game plan, hit everything in sight, till we get an upgrade. Backes is trying but his best days are gone and I am afraid for his well being. Frederic is the only other guy but not sure Cassidy wants him up.

Nick Wolff out of the UMD? He attended a Bruins development camp a few years ago. He's a left shot but he's massive; 6'5'' 23o lbs. He seems to bring the nasty physical game as well. In his final year in the USHL, he had 164 PIMS. He's had 80+ PIMS the last two seasons. You don't accumulate those kinds of numbers from trips/hooks/slashes.

This was what I could find for a scouting report, granted it's from 2014:

At 6'4", Wolff is an imposing physical force with the ability to throw punishing checks in the neutral zone. He chipped in some offense for his high school, but projects as a primarily defensive defenseman.

His skating and footwork is decent for a player of his size, but he'll likely need to continue to develop his quickness to keep up with the pace of pro hockey.

Boston has gone to the UMD program for Kuhlman and drafted Olson who is attending there now. They liked Wolff enough to invite him to a DC, so as he's a free agent to be after this season, does Boston go for him?

Reactions: Mission ImPastable

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
except that era is gone, you need enforcers that have another skill set, remember Shawn Thornton, the league eventually stopped the stage fights, even to give the team an energy boost when it was needed..... just like McAvoy AGAINST The Rangers, and then Pasta himself against Shea Weber/Gallagher

LOL. You need to read.....and this time understand......my post. I'm talking about the polar opposite of "staged fights". No fighting. Just punishing.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Keep the older, often-injured Miller in favor of the younger, better and cheaper Clifton?

Bruins just locked up Clifton to a great and cheap 1M AAV deal for 3 years. Why would anyone want to keep Miller over that? Clifton may not be a fighter, but he's better in all aspects than Kevan is.... Even the physical aspect of the game. Clifton loves to hit and is excellent at it.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
The players traded were cover- Pocklington wanted/needed the money much more than the players LA gave up to get Gretzky.

True, but it was a trade. HUTCH's first post on this thread was questioning if Gretzky was ever traded, even though he was (to both LA and St. Louis). As bad as saying Bobby Orr was traded, IMHO.

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad