GDT: Game 28: Wild at Av's | Monday, December 7th, 7pm MT | Into the Woods We Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Just because Mitchell doesn't like passing the puck, doesn't really make him have tunnel vision. Forsberg was a puck hog himself, constantly holding on to it until he saw a perfect play. The only difference between him and Mitchell, is that Forsberg was a playmaker while Mitchell thinks of himself as a sniper.

Yes, that is the only difference between Peter Forsberg and John Mitchell. ;)

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Just because Mitchell doesn't like passing the puck, doesn't really make him have tunnel vision. Forsberg was a puck hog himself, constantly holding on to it until he saw a perfect play. The only difference between him and Mitchell, is that Forsberg was a playmaker while Mitchell thinks of himself as a sniper.

To be fair Mitchell has a decent shot.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Mitchell SHOULD shoot more. He has a great release. He certainly waits too long and kills a lot of plays. Mitchell loses his guy a lot in the defensive coverage, if I was Roy I would play Mitchell with Grigs. Move Landy to Sodanauts wing for the shut down line. Leave Mac with Duchene for now.

Tangs Mac Dutch
Landy Soda Comeau/Martinsen
Mitch Grig Iggy
McL Wag Skille

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
After tonight's games, the Avs need to play at a 111pt pace for the remaining games to beat out Chicago for the final wildcard slot. That would give them 98 points, compared to the 97 point pace Chicago is on. Dallas is on pace for 128 points as the league leader, Colorado's current pace is 73pts, and Columbus is is pacing for 67 points.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
After tonight's games, the Avs need to play at a 111pt pace for the remaining games to beat out Chicago for the final wildcard slot. That would give them 98 points, compared to the 97 point pace Chicago is on. Dallas is on pace for 128 points as the league leader, Colorado's current pace is 73pts, and Columbus is is pacing for 67 points.

i think it might take something like that to make it in central.

dallas ain't finishing with 128 points though, lol.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV

73... :laugh:

Man thats rough after a Playoff year and then a 90 pt campaign last year.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Mitchell was channeling Sakic more than Foppa with the OT winner. Or possibly Hejduk, given that it is regular season. But the play was rather Forsberg-esque, so the quote works. :)

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Once we go on that 7 game winning streak you'll all be bowing down to Beauch :rant:

:laugh:

I honestly feel if Varly didn't let that first goal squeak through against Ottawa we would have seen a 6 game Avs/Varly win streak which started with Varly's first game back in WPG. It would have been snapped by Minny Saturday.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Also, the 1-3-1 is effective when done right, but man, it just feels like Roy is out of ideas and doing this until he can figure something out. I doubt that deep down he wanted a trap fest with Forsberg, Kamensky, Ozolinsh, and others there to watch.

It's funny, he's come very close a couple times lately to saying he knows the defense sucks right now, they're just trying to find ways to make it work in the meantime. I think it's fairly obvious they've felt this way for a while, but he's been singing a slightly different tune publicly since he made those comments about not making any more excuses.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't even know what they are going to ask him on the radio tomorrow. I for see a very boring interview. They won't ask him anything about players not on the roster and they've covered everyone on it. It's going to be get the Wild monkey off your back, the 20th anniversary team nostalgia blah blah, important games coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad