GDT: Game 28: Wild at Av's | Monday, December 7th, 7pm MT | Into the Woods We Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakics Snowblower

Aug 16, 2011
Saint John, NB
Into the Woods We Go

GameDayPoster.png

GameDay_Lineups.png

Last edited:

Sakics Snowblower

Aug 16, 2011
Saint John, NB
dangit - couldn't figure out how to link from my hosting. Attached the images instead for now :( I'll try and fix it.

edit - Should be good now.

Last edited:

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
Any reason for Grigorenko being scratched? Didn't watch all of last game.

Roy wants martinsen in (maybe he'll actually finish a check against minny since everyone seemed afraid to on Saturday) and grigs line mates were invisible to poor last game

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
^^Thanks for the replies guys. Kind if disappointing because Grigs has been good in the games I've watched and I don't feel like he needs a blow to his confidence at this point when hes been progressing.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
I didn't catch the Wild game and I know the second line wasn't too effective against the Rangers but Grigorenko scratched? Really?

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I actually agree about bringing in Martinsen but I don't agree with scratching Grigo (unless he's nursing an injury).

A better message would have been to healthy scratch Tanguay or Iginla (<- he would deserve it after the moronic cross-checking penalty he took completely negating our PP last game) but Roy was never going to do that.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Roy tires ran out of tread last year from trying to spin them so much. He's gonna be driving on rims soon enough if he keeps up his brilliant personnel decisions.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I actually agree about bringing in Martinsen but I don't agree with scratching Grigo (unless he's nursing an injury).

A better message would have been to healthy scratch Tanguay or Iginla (<- he would deserve it after the moronic cross-checking penalty he took completely negating our PP last game) but Roy was never going to do that.

Wagner really is the only other one they can take out and I wouldn't be happy with that either. Of they want to keep him they have to pretty much play him in every game so he doesn't qualify for group 6 FA but maybe they aren't thinking that far ahead.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

I called this the day before Tanguay came back, saying that he would get priority over Grigs. People didn't believe me. I wish I was wrong :cry:

Great GDT Btw

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Wagner really is the only other one they can take out and I wouldn't be happy with that either. Of they want to keep him they have to pretty much play him in every game so he doesn't qualify for group 6 FA but maybe they aren't thinking that far ahead.

It says so much about this team that the only players we want scratched are our two most veteran forwards, and they both play in our top 6. They also combine for 8.8M in salary.

That is simply sad...

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
7-0 wild

I don't think I need to provide any insight into that prediction.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I called this the day before Tanguay came back, saying that he would get priority over Grigs. People didn't believe me. I wish I was wrong :cry:

Great GDT Btw

Yep, I think it was obvious that Tanguay would be given priority over Grigorenko, and probably most of our other players.

In reality, both he and Iginla should be 3rd liners at best, and often times healthy scratches from how poorly they've played this season

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Hopefully a better performance tonight. Not that they should need any extra motivation but maybe the 20th anniversary night could get this team more fired up than usual.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Yep, I think it was obvious that Tanguay would be given priority over Grigorenko, and probably most of our other players.

In reality, both he and Iginla should be 3rd liners at best, and often times healthy scratches from how poorly they've played this season

I think I posted it in a GDT, but everyone basically disagreed that Grigs was still behind Tanguay in the depth chart.

I agree, I think they could actually be decent if they were on a sheltered 3rd line. Unfortunately, we don't have the luxury.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007

I don't think there was anything obvious about it. Roy even said he didn't think Tanguay would see PP time over Grigs. Roy contradicting himself again.

Are those the verified lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad