Pre-Game Talk: Game #28: Vancouver Canucks @ New York Rangers - Saturday, Nov.30th 11:00AM - SNET-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanevian*

I don't know why, but when I look at the magazine Gillis is reading for some reason my mind doesn't read the word "suits" properly. Had to do a double take on that one...

I am pretty sure you know why. Check your browser history.

.jpg

Wetcoaster

And the Canucks have landed in chilly NYC.

Apparently Booth missed the team bus and is trying to catch a ride to warmer climes.

BaRHU8OCYAA_u-E.jpg:large

Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks
Cooollllddddd in New York too - @D_Booth7 just tried to snag a flight somewhere warmer. No go.

A few more hours before the Rangers make it home.

Wetcoaster

Some guy on Twitter using the handle Strombone ‏@strombone1 is ragging on Eddie Lack.

Strombone ‏@strombone1
I set up a beautiful candlelight dinner for 2 in Manhattan with a dear friend only to be stood up.... :-( -------> @eddielack

Strombone ‏@strombone1 6m
I guess I could always hop in a cab and go see a true friend in Jersey????

And "Bieska" chimes in:
Kevin Bieksa ‏@kbieksa3 3m
"@eddielack: @strombone1 I'm here right now.... pic.twitter.com/rBDnvWVl7i" You guys could do a threesome? #inappropriate?

BaRLhLcCYAAWei1.jpg:large

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
Some guy on Twitter using the handle Strombone ‏@strombone1 is ragging on Eddie Lack.

Strombone ‏@strombone1
I set up a beautiful candlelight dinner for 2 in Manhattan with a dear friend only to be stood up.... :-( -------> @eddielack

Strombone ‏@strombone1 6m
I guess I could always hop in a cab and go see a true friend in Jersey????

And "Bieska" chimes in:
Kevin Bieksa ‏@kbieksa3 3m
"@eddielack: @strombone1 I'm here right now.... pic.twitter.com/rBDnvWVl7i" You guys could do a threesome? #inappropriate?

BaRLhLcCYAAWei1.jpg:large

@eddielack
@kbieksa3 @strombone1 we tried that for three years. I always got kicked out when the fun started!

Apparently these guys aren't black friday shopping...

Wetcoaster

So it seems not only have French Coach and American Coach switched teams there was some sort of personality transference as well.

AV post-game after losing to the Bruins today:

“We got exactly what we deserved. We had too many guys with their B game on the ice against a Stanley Cup finalist, a team that was obviously not happy with their performance (after a 6-1 loss to the Red Wings). We came in here, I thought, with a lot on the line and should have been very motivated. We could have made this a real solid road trip instead of making it an OK road trip (3-2-0). Too many guys, their execution and their compete level…we got exactly what we deserved. We didn’t deserve to come out of here with a win and we didn’t.â€

“Our lack of consistency has been an ongoing issue here with a few of our players and we’re a .500 hockey team right now. And that’s definitely not good enough.â€​

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
So larry brooks said av was absolutely fuming about the effort by the rangers today slamming doors, why did we never see that here with some effort levels we displayed?

Either way the rangers sound motivated after that loss, not going to be an easy game and I wonder how much the anger has to do with his former team coming in tomorrow.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
From watching that video you can really see just how important it is for the Canucks organization to have a guy like him with his experience to manage a media scrum and handle those type of questions. There were a few loaded questions in there that could have really been taken for a ride had the answers not been tactful... Like the one about the West being so much more dominant than the East. He handled that whole scrum like boss.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
So larry brooks said av was absolutely fuming about the effort by the rangers today slamming doors, why did we never see that here with some effort levels we displayed?

Either way the rangers sound motivated after that loss, not going to be an easy game and I wonder how much the anger has to do with his former team coming in tomorrow.

Anybody starting to think that maybe Rangers media has a little more influence in causing these coaches to get 'angry' and 'fly off the handle'?

The difference between Torts in NY and here and AV vice versa is odd to say the least...I don't think it's entirely coincidental

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Anybody starting to think that maybe Rangers media has a little more influence in causing these coaches to get 'angry' and 'fly off the handle'?

The difference between Torts in NY and here and AV vice versa is odd to say the least...I don't think it's entirely coincidental

Very well could be part of it.

The tough talk from our media usually comes from typing instead of face to face verbally.

Also could be a team exists if our fans can believe it that is more infuriating then us.

LolClarkson*

large.png
@
large.png

WHEN: Saturday, November 30th, 11:00AM PST
WHERE: Madison Square Garden, New York City, New York
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: TEAM 1040AM

Vancouver Canucks

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Alex Burrows
Chris Higgins - Ryan Kesler - Jannik Hansen
David Booth - Mike Santorelli - Dale Weise
Tom Sestito - Brad Richardson - Zack Kassian

Alex Edler - Jason Garrison
Dan Hamhuis - Chris Tanev
Ryan Stanton - Kevin Bieksa

Roberto Luongo

New York Rangers

Carl Hagelin - Brad Richards - Rick Nash
Chris Kreider - Derek Stepan - Mats Zuccarello
Benoit Pouliot - Derick Brassard - Ryan Callahan
Brian Boyle - Dominic Moore - Taylor Pyatt

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Marc Staal - Anton Stralman
John Moore - Justin Falk

Henrik Lundqvist

W9OF3Ex.jpg

Why does AV not get some respect ? That pic is total disrespect for our winningest coach.
image.php

image.php

image.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad