GDT: Game 28: Sharks @ Coyotes - 6PM MST - FSA, FSA+, NBCSCA

Favorite Star Wars characters (up to 3)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Coyotes are 2nd in the Pacific, 4th in the WC and 8th overall, on pace for 100 points....and after Dec 8th, will have navigated through the most difficult 2 months of the schedule.

We're in terrific shape headed into 2020.

Easy to lose sight of this.... that month was brutal. Some of the teams played up to 5 fewer games this past month.

The only glaring problem IMO with this team was mentioned above. And that's playing playing with an early lead..... especially at home..

This 10 day road trip coming up is needed.

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
They play like what you see on an assembly line except no winning formula. They have no emotion. Just going through the same motions whether they are right or wrong. It makes no difference. They look like the walking dead on skates.

And our record is decent. I get that but my concern is can we sustain that? It is good goal-tending primarily that has brought us to where we are. The rest of the team needs to get involved or we are going to drop.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
My theory behind OEL's lackadaisical play - He wants to model his play after Nick Lindstrom. Lindstrom was able to make it look so smooth and so easy. Very few people have that ability to make ice hockey look effortless. I think OEL is trying to play that way and his forced smoothness comes across as lazy, as well as leading to bad play/decisions. When I ran track I was always in awe (and envy) of the guys who could run a 50 second 400 meters and look like it was the easiest thing in the world. My 400 meter time trying to "look" smooth as silk would be about 10 seconds slower than my personal best of 56. OEL needs to play his own game. Trying to be Nick Lindstrom won't work.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
My theory behind OEL's lackadaisical play - He wants to model his play after Nick Lindstrom. Lindstrom was able to make it look so smooth and so easy. Very few people have that ability to make ice hockey look effortless. I think OEL is trying to play that way and his forced smoothness comes across as lazy, as well as leading to bad play/decisions. When I ran track I was always in awe (and envy) of the guys who could run a 50 second 400 meters and look like it was the easiest thing in the world. My 400 meter time trying to "look" smooth as silk would be about 10 seconds slower than my personal best of 56. OEL needs to play his own game. Trying to be Nick Lindstrom won't work.

Byproduct of the injury is that he's afraid of contact and can't pivot as well, so he is trying to be a 'technical' defender.

I see this rebuild stalling out real fast if he and Keller don't turn the corner. Kessel can be disappeared without much fuss.

Kessel is so bad that he is making his line a net negative 5v5. And his $6.8m would be better spent elsewhere, like on another strong defender to shelter OEL.

Starting to openly wonder if the room embracing Phil a lot is messing with OEL mentally on top of what he's already dealing with.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
The thing that makes the least sense in this world is that somehow Derek Stepan is still in his twenties. He LOOKS at least 10 years older than he is and he plays AT LEAST 5 years older than he is.

I honestly can’t remember a player ever being so suddenly, so drastically and so prematurely aged.

It’s truly remarkable.

Holy crap I thought he was 35 or 36.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad