GDT: Game 28: SENS @ HABS | Burnt offerings | Dec. 4, 2018 7:30pm ET, TSN2, TSN5, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
It's starting to smell like waivers for one of Deslauriers, Peca & Hudon

and know how CJ/MB operate, the one with the highest potential is likely the one to get waived.

So not looking good for Hudon

I like Hudon and liked him out of junior, but I really don't know how much potential he really has. Marginally better option then Peca.

Reactions: Runner77

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I like Hudon and liked him out of junior, but I really don't know how much potential he really has. Marginally better option then Peca.
Sure agreed - i'm not a big fan, he's redundant on this team IMO.

Issue is, losing him to waivers eventually is another sunken cost.

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
2 goals against the Canes, 2 goals against the Rangers and 3 against the Sharks. I wouldn't say they're hurting to keep the puck out of the net.

Also our opponents' shot counts have been drastically down. If they could just avoid the costly mistakes like deflecting pucks into their own net or donating the puck in the slot they could be even better.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
This isn't true anymore

Alright, so, let's change it to "how many players have they been playing in the NHL right after the draft?" I haven't checked thoroughly but Larkin and Rasmussen are probably the youngest players to join the Wings in the last few years.. but they did so at 19. I still believe that most of them are 20+ when they join their main team

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
Thanks Roy.

I think I know what you mean about what lies in the background. What you didn't know is that Muncy the Pet Sheep was hiding behind the tree the whole time and now that you mentioned that "photo shoot", he decided to show himself up.

Just look at how happy he looks. A little too happy I'd say.

Unfortunately, I can't show what happens next. :laugh:

Nj4zD6Z.gif

He's got the face of someone who saw something he shouldn't have. His smile hides a serious case of ptsd.
Just noticed how proud Marc looks. Claude, not so much.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Sens playing well lately Boucher asked them to start focusing more on defense they seem to have turned a corner but are still filling the net unlike our beloved who are struggling with both sides of that equation.

I believe this is how Boucher "asked" ...

TQvWruU.gif

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
We need to trade Petry in a package to get us a good LD for Weber. Juulsen is more than capable of being the 2nd pairing RD.
Benn is fine for the 3rd pairing RD. We need to fix the left side defense ASAP.

Reactions: Runner77

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
@Runner77 - Your GDTs have become more fun than the games.

Y'know, I can't even hate the Sens anymore. Their team been mauled and humiliated at every turn and their fans have been abused. I can't kick a team when it's on life-support. Besides, they may hate the Leafs even more than we do.
Runner's threads are great, but I feel like the sentiment from last season that the team was boring and awful is seaping into your thoughts. Sit back and enjoy, there is some excitement on this team again. Domi and Drouin are playing great hockey, Kotkaniemi is playing very good hockey as a rookie

The team is fast and playing with life compared to last season. The team may not be destined for the playoffs but seeing some of the young guys like Juulsen and Reilly step up has been surprising and nice to watch. This season contrasts very favorably to last.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
20+ games into their careers we can finally decide who's better between Tkachuk & KK :popcorn:

You just know that's going to come up in the GDT. And how we drafted for position vs. those who'll maintain that Kotkaniemi is a year younger.

Should be fun. :D

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Runner's threads are great, but I feel like the sentiment from last season that the team was boring and awful is seaping into your thoughts. Sit back and enjoy, there is some excitement on this team again. Domi and Drouin are playing great hockey, Kotkaniemi is playing very good hockey as a rookie

The team is fast and playing with life compared to last season. The team may not be destined for the playoffs but seeing some of the young guys like Juulsen and Reilly step up has been surprising and nice to watch. This season contrasts very favorably to last.
I agree with you. Much to my surprise, I have more feeling for this team than I did for previous rosters. It's just been two weeks of frustration watching bad habits and flaws pop up again and again and again. But yeah, as long as the theme is youth and development, I'll live with the growing pains and take comfort that we're on the right track.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Alright, so, let's change it to "how many players have they been playing in the NHL right after the draft?" I haven't checked thoroughly but Larkin and Rasmussen are probably the youngest players to join the Wings in the last few years.. but they did so at 19. I still believe that most of them are 20+ when they join their main team
Quite a shift from the days where Wings players were required to play at least 200 AHL games before graduating.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We’ve had some exciting games earlier in the year and we are in the playoff race, but I couldn’t be more bored with this team. The lack of direction is taking me completely out of it.

I'm all on board with a reset/rebuild, if that's what they're after.

I'd only wish they'd go back to the offensive style from the first month, win or lose. At least, make it exciting.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

Negativity hits me fifty levels deep

I’m not attacking you here, but I wish people would quit with the tank talk. It’s not even remotely funny anymore. Last year. Ok. This year though, it’s not the same team. A healthy team is most likely making the playoffs. This isn’t last season with a ton of injuries.
Besides, it could be worse. We could have McDavid, Draisitl, and friends and still suck! Then everyone would have something to complain about.

Tank talk is self aggrandizing more than people want to admit

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad