GDT: Game 28 | Senators @ Canucks | Borocop 2 Edition | Tue. Dec 3rd 10:00PM | TSN5, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
It’s really cool that Vancouver had time to watch every angle of the coaches challenge, flag down the referee, ask him about his kids, watch all the angles again and then ask for the challenge.
they should have a strict time limit. would allow for less BS calls of goals coming back where a skate may or may not of been off the ice by an inch.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Liked the comeback push. Little more skill and a few less defensive blunders and we might have been able to pull it off

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Ok, I'm late watching the game...but I have to know...

Was that a booger in Alex Burrows right nostril, or just a messed up nose from years of hockey? Never noticed it before tonight..lol

that's just his nose, been like that for years.

Reactions: robsenz

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Well I thought this team might have turned the corner when they got to. 500 but boy was I wrong. They are playing hard, even out shooting/chancing most of their recent opponents which is a breath or fresh air but we need some scoring help. Tank might be the only option.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think it has. For me I find he is the first one the puck at a rate that is well above average. Especially in the Dzone which has led to easy exits on a fairly consistent basis. Just my observations, I've been pretty high on Brown going back to last year in Belleville. That's in large part because I think he has great hockey sense. I wish he were a little faster but I see huge potential regardless.
i see potential for sure. but hes just.......lacking in some areas. a coupel summer in the gym may solve that.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Chlapik gets his lone shift in the 3rd with under a minute left.
NHL coaches and their young players. :huh::huh:

Its really so bizarre. Tyler Ennis was given the longest rope possible for the first month of the season, yet Brown or Chlappy make one mistake and they get stapled to the bench. If you want players to learn from their mistakes, acknowledge the mistakes, teach them how to be better and throw the player back out there. Sitting on the bench doesn't help the player learn anything, it probably has the opposite affect and pisses them off.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Tierney is an absolute waste of space, trade him
He is the most vanilla player I have ever seen. They should have traded him in the offseason. The way things are going theyll get a 2nd at best. Atleast look like you care. Has he thrown a single body check this season where he doesnt lead by softly putting out his arm...?... Someone needs to pull him aside and let him know he wont be in this league very long playing like this. I honestly find it embarrassing for him.

Also Anisimov is great for the tank. No one is taking him so i think he can really help secure a bottom 3 finish for the team. He is too slow and kills every play he is involved in.

Last edited:

Grummbles

Nov 11, 2016
Near Napanee Ontario
NHL coaches and their young players. :huh::huh:

Its really so bizarre. Tyler Ennis was given the longest rope possible for the first month of the season, yet Brown or Chlappy make one mistake and they get stapled to the bench. If you want players to learn from their mistakes, acknowledge the mistakes, teach them how to be better and throw the player back out there. Sitting on the bench doesn't help the player learn anything, it probably has the opposite affect and pisses them off.
To be fair, Brannstrom had a horrible first 10 minutes in my opinion, and Smith gave him the chances to come back from that. He played pretty hard after a few early blunders.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
To be fair, Brannstrom had a horrible first 10 minutes in my opinion, and Smith gave him the chances to come back from that. He played pretty hard after a few early blunders.
I will agree with you on this, and this is a huge part of the problem. Why is it ok for one young guy to make mistakes, but no ok for others?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm sure we can find another lame duck Hainsey type to fill in some holes while we let Brannstrom develop in Belleville. Shouldn't cost us more than a 6th round pick.
Why do they have to spend assets in a tank season? Just play Golobef or pick someone up on waivers. This mind set is crippling the organization.

Reactions: Bileur

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I will agree with you on this, and this is a huge part of the problem. Why is it ok for one young guy to make mistakes, but no ok for others?
Maybe it depends on if the GM thinks the player is the second coming of EK when its obvious as the day is long that at this rate the way the team is developing him he may not ever be an NHL d man.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Why do they have to spend assets in a tank season? Just play Golobef or pick someone up on waivers. This mind set is crippling the organization.
It is getting really tiresome to hear "the Sens are looking to make a Namestnikov type trade" over and over. TSN1200, Garrioch, etc. Just stop. It just makes no sense. Jaros and Lajoie have both also proved that they are more than capable of playing in the league. Send Brannstrom down, bring up one of those two and voila. No sense wasting assets for a plug, when you have players already capable of filing in for the tank.

Also, has the Namestnikov trade really been that big of a win? Aside from the first few games, he has been pretty invisible for the whole month of November.

Stay the course PD, we need Laf or Byfield.

Last edited:

JonnyMacSen

2nd round Chlapik!
Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa, ON
It is getting really tiresome to hear "the Sens are looking to make a Namesnikov type trade" over and over. It just makes no sense. Jaros and Lajoie have both also proved that they are more than capable of playing in the league. Send Brannstrom down, bring up one of those two and voila. No sense wasting assets for a plug, when you already have guys who you can plug in the lineup. Stay the course PD, we need Laf or Byfield.

Agreed, more pics traded for filler when we could just stay the course and draft a player 1000x better than another Namesnikov, makes me wonder if we will actually unload anyone at the deadline with this type of mentality.

Mark Effin Stone

I miss Kuba
May 10, 2010
Stockholm
I haven't watched the replay on the 5th goal but in real time it felt like Anisimov just let forechecker get in on the puck behind goal without even trying to impede him getting to the puck, felt like such a facepalm moment with the momentum we had going. Stupid offside rule aside.. thought it was an entertaining game. Altough.. it worries me how easy Brännström gets brushed aside.. feels like he's just surviving at the moment and not thinking offense at all.. all that confidence with the puck in his highlights etc not shown in his NHL stint so far. Let it loose Erik! :cheer:

Sen sational

Mar 27, 2019
Not sure we can say that Logan Brown has been sat, or had his ice time reduced, because of mistakes. In the Wild game it looked more like he wasn't putting in the effort getting back to cover his man, lack of effort is not a mistake. It might also be a matching issue, IMO looking back at his best games where I thought "this guy could be a very good NHL player" they were all at home when Ottawa has last change and can select who he is competing against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad