GDT: Game 28 | Senators @ Canucks | Borocop 2 Edition | Tue. Dec 3rd 10:00PM | TSN5, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
The spirit of the offside review shouldn't be for a fraction of an inch where the players skate comes off the ice; it's for the rare time the refs miss a blatant offside call. So dumb.
Well, there has to be clear line between off-side and on-side, so I don't mind the rule per se. But in this case I think it was too close to overrule.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The offside rule is absolutely moronic. What advantage did Namestnikov gain by not having his skate down when he crossed the line as the Senators carried the puck into a 2 on 3?

I think the offside review is good but the rule does need some adjustments to make it better. The recent idea that as long as the players skate is above the line it makes it onside is a good start.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
The spirit of the offside review shouldn't be for a fraction of an inch where the players skate comes off the ice; it's for the rare time the refs miss a blatant offside call. So dumb.

The problem the refs just cannot pick and choose what to call offsides.

Yes i agree with what your saying, but according to the rule book, it is offsides.

To get rid of these missed blatant offsides, you just have to put up with these stupid fraction of an inch offside calls.

I personally would like to get rid of the challenge considering i am willing to bet that most plays are offsides, but aren't noticed cause no goals are scored on the play.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Weird game in that in some ways it was really bad yet we outshot them and had some chances. Oh well, if i get a free sub for having my fan card stamped i might use it to sub out Brannstrom too.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad