GDT: Game 28: GOTTA SUPPORT THE TEAM! | Hawks @ Devils | Dec 9, 2014 | 6:00 PM | CSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
There is no greater foregone conclusion than when the Devils and Hawks go to a SO

Nothingman*

They had to really struggle though this game. Good to see the pull it out!

member 151739

Aren't the Devils like 0-10 in shootouts in the last few seasons or whatever?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Guys.... we beat a rookie netminder.

rc68h2.gif

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
That was a really freaking stressful game but so glad to walk out with 2 points and keep the streak alive.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Well we may not of deserve 2 points but I always think of that famous line Clint Eastwood said to Gene Hackman in Unforgiven before he blew his head off:

"Deserves got nothin to do with it..."

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
Only got to watch after the third period but yay!

Keep 'em coming.

Not sure if already posted, but:

#Blackhawks a perfect 4-0 in shootout this season as well as perfect in saves.
Crawford: 6/6
Darling: 5/5

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Crazy after that rough start, but Hawks are currently sitting just 2 points behind the Ducks for the most points in the NHL with a game in hand.

Xinji

Apr 27, 2014
Very happy with 2 points tonight.. the boys looked sluggish/sloppy tonight. Going to need to be better against Boston/NY.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Crazy after that rough start, but Hawks are currently sitting just 2 points behind the Ducks for the most points in the NHL with a game in hand.

You'd think by reading this GDT (and others) that the team's been horrible. This is the team that's won two Cups the last five years right? The one as you said that is second in the league in points, has gone 13-3 since their last back to back losses, (which were over a month ago) recently went 5-1 on a west coast road trip, and also has lately had several convincing wins over key opponents and rivals...?

Sometimes I wonder. It's like the sky is falling if the Hawks aren't winning these games 8-0 every night and looking like an all-star team doing it. Maybe I'm not as spoiled as everyone else as I've been watching the Hawks since 79, but I'm enjoying these seasons, even if they don't always look gorgeous or if they sometimes have to pull out a gritty win against a backup goalie. It hasn't always been this way lol.

Saucey

Jun 25, 2014
You'd think by reading this GDT (and others) that the team's been horrible. This is the team that's won two Cups the last five years right? The one as you said that is second in the league in points, has gone 13-3 since their last back to back losses, (which were over a month ago) recently went 5-1 on a west coast road trip, and also has lately had several convincing wins over key opponents and rivals...?

Sometimes I wonder. It's like the sky is falling if the Hawks aren't winning these games 8-0 every night and looking like an all-star team doing it. Maybe I'm not as spoiled as everyone else as I've been watching the Hawks since 79, but I'm enjoying these seasons, even if they don't always look gorgeous or if they sometimes have to pull out a gritty win against a backup goalie. It hasn't always been this way lol.

I don't know how many times this can be expressed enough. I often come on these boards after watching the Hawks go at it and the world seems to be ending. Sometimes its good and healthy to take a step back, and gaze upon this majesty presented before us. You never know how much longer we are going to witness this era of Blackhawks hockey for.

Nothingman*

I think, or hope, that everyone will look back and remember these golden years of the Hawks. Because we are in the middle of them and I am also enjoying them. We all like to be armchair coaches and GMs so I don't take it seriously to honest. Usually people venting. It is fun reading and interaction, which is what a message board is for!

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Yeah I don't think people mean most of what they say. I'm guilty of that myself a lot. Just a venting type thing for people during games, not a biggie. Now when people act like the world in ending an hour after the game (usually takes me 30 minutes or so, give or take a little), then its a little annoying.

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison
Yeah I don't think people mean most of what they say. I'm guilty of that myself a lot. Just a venting type thing for people during games, not a biggie. Now when people act like the world in ending an hour after the game (usually takes me 30 minutes or so, give or take a little), then its a little annoying.

The world ending crowd is annoying at all times, not just an hour or more after the game.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
The truth of the matter is that we could win the Stanley Cup Final in five games and there'd still be a handful of posters on here that complained that we didn't win it in four and how the other guys outshot us in a couple periods. :laugh:

Nothingman*

It is funny we are playing well yet don't have one thread on the main board while one fanbase starts a thread every day on there it seems. Some teams win a few and the fan base asks if the are for real contenders, etc. We just go about our day quietly.

I thought Dahlbeck looked ok. Only played 10 minutes though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad