GDT: Game 28: GOTTA SUPPORT THE TEAM! | Hawks @ Devils | Dec 9, 2014 | 6:00 PM | CSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
What in blazes was that look on Man's face after he scored in the SO to win it?

1. He showed no joy in victory...no smile...looked either bored with what transpired or sick to his stomach of the whole NJ stymie style game that forces teams to beat protected goalies and to work to get off checks..
Or

That's exactly what it was. Jersey had no choice with a depleted line-up and a goalie who had yet to start an NHL game.

Problem is, that is the style of hockey that Hawks must face in the PO's, only against much more talented teams, and is exactly why the 2nd line should include Toews (if 23-88 are to remain together). May as well unite them now rather than in the Spring. Sure, play them sporadically as a unit, but there's little use in keeping a line together full time if they can't compete as a unit in the PO's. Pardon the rant, but Q is always preaching balance among the lines. Practice it!

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
What in blazes was that look on Man's face after he scored in the SO to win it?

1. He showed no joy in victory...no smile...looked either bored with what transpired or sick to his stomach of the whole NJ stymie style game that forces teams to beat protected goalies and to work to get off checks..

Or

2.He looked sick....like he was coming down with something...I hope he did not catch the mumps.

Just to be clear... "Man" is your new nickname for "dogpoop," correct?

I too hope Patrick Kane does not have the mumps. But I am not sure what kind of celebration you were expecting from Kane when he beat a goalie in his first NHL start ever in a shootout against a non-conference opponent at the end of a game that was not edgy or feisty at all really?

What makes Kane's celebrations great is they are organically and spontaneously joyful and not routine. I'm glad he didn't force one there if he wasn't feeling it.

If he was pissed at the end of the game it was probably still frustration that the goalie beat him with that glove save in the 2nd period and he didn't get on the scoresheet in a way that counted in this one.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
General perception, where? Here? Perhaps, but around the league Toews is one of the most feared in the SO.

Casual fans, friends, twitter. Like I said its a dumb thing to care about and they're both two of the best (though Toews is slightly better).

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Everyone knows about Toews in the shootout ever since he went Oshie on the US in the WJC.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
General perception is also that Keith isn't good defensively and only gets secondary assists because he's on the Hawks.

But Kane and Toews are pretty even. I'll give the edge to Toews out of consistency year in, year out. He has a couple moves. He's like Oshie in that sense. He's very efficient. Kane, on the other hand, is very creative and is arguably the best stickhandler in the league. If it wasn't for last season's uncharacteristically bad shootout year for Kane, his career percentage would actually be higher than Toews', I believe. But that'd be rewriting history. So I'm going to just say they are pretty even. Neither of them are clearly better at it. They're both great however, and it's nice to have both of them every time.

It wouldn't be, someone posted the numbers, but obviously it doesn't really matter. I also don't know how the Keith thing started. Most Hawk fans if polled I think would say he's better defensively than offensively, or at least I think he is.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
Everyone knows about Toews in the shootout ever since he went Oshie on the US in the WJC.

*Oshie went Toews
tumblr_n11wmdJvnJ1qbxc8qo3_250.gif

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Hold it...you are ready to throw Dahlbeck under the bus after just 2 games? YOU are disappointed...even mildly. ..somehow? AFTER just 2 games? YOU expected what,Bobby Orr? Or to be at least as good as the great TVR? TVR who after his 18GP had the sum total of just 1A and was at Zero in plus/minus....but because Dahlbeck has no points in 2 games and is -1, this is a disappointment? Maybe to be fair you should allow him some more games?

I take it you do not recall how really stinky Keith and Seabrook were in their initial seasons...Or that you think both of these illustrious men never get beat...never goof...never get caught pinching and never are on for goals against anymore....and that You are satisfied with the "great" NHL ready plus minus stats that 2 and 7 have posed so far this season as READY experienced.NHL vets?
Yes Dahlbeck was on the ice for 2 goals against last night and for 1 goal for so netting -1...but no way was it his fault on the first goal against....Seabrook made a bad pass cross ice up to attempt to connect with Shaw but it was off target a nice intercept and re-directed tip to Tootoo by Bernier and a shot and a goal...Either blame Seabrook for a lousy pass or blame Shaw for not checking Bernier before he could tip it over to Tootoo. ..but Nothing Dahlbeck could do to.prevent that goal. .Not his fault...

ON the 2nd goal Dahlbeck was there battling in the crease to push out the NJ forward but the puck took a bad bounce up in the air after a shot and it was batter in baseball style. ..a nice ability by the NJ scorer just as our guys like Shaw have sometimes converted to goals by batting puckstopper in the air in..Not really much a man can do with such lucky opportunities...if the shot had not deflected up in the air maybe Dahlbeck could have gotten a stick or skate on it on the ice to get the puck away..but instead pure bad luck to have the puck deflect up into the air and then a nice stick by the NJ forward tp bat it in while it was in the air. I am certain both Seabrook and Keith had a few situations like that go against them too over the years.

I do think Dahlbeck was better the prior game than this one. ..but so were the majority of the Hawks..

Let us see a few more games before we judge if Dahlbeck is ready or not..but either way he still is only going to be third pairing not a featured top four guy. ..though I did like the fact that he.let go two good shots on goal from the point...more accurate that Keith and Seabrook whose point shots either are blocked or miss the net too often...So there may be some latent goal ability from point shots from Dahlbeck of he continues to get shots through on net and if he shoots enough to display a good hard on target shot that becomes dangerous...but we need more games to Serbia that manifests.

I never know what's schtick with fiddy and what's not. So I'll leave it at this:
1. Yes, Fiddy, I was mildly disappointed that they have not looked ready, imo.
2. No, I am not throwing them under the bus.
3. To defend their mistakes by deflecting that Keith/Seabrook have made mistakes in their careers is a false equivalence.
4. If you think TVR did not play well and contribute, you're likely the only Hawks fan in the world who feels that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad