GDT: Game 28: Coyotes @ Penguins - FSAZ - 5 PM

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Obviously we have issues. Never said we don't. Just find it funny how some people are using this game as validation for their long standing complaints. And some seem excited to do so. Lot more activity from some people, and for reference this thread is already at 200 posts the last win is at 134.

I'm glad you find enjoyment in the frustration of others. At least the team made somebody's night.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
There are some people who become a lot more active after something bad happens then when something good happens. And even when we do win there are typically a bunch of negative things to go along with it.

And yeah 7-0 sucks. But some people look like they're using this as validation for all their constant complaints. Personally, I find it quite funny.

Totally true, again:)

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Some people appear to like complaining more than anything else..

I won't talk about the previous four years in this post, because they obviously don't count as we are worse under the new owners than we were without owners or scouting, and we are, afterall, on the third first year of the rebuild.

So this year, we are the only club without 10 wins. We have 9 wins and 19 losses. Last in the league in wins, ROW, points, and goal differential (despite generally good goaltending).
This isn't really why I'm complaining though either; so let's forget about all that, too, okay?

The part I really enjoy complaining about? We are dead last in the league this year in try -- just like the last five years. Players look worse and worse. If players looked like they gave half the **** that the "complainers" do, we might not be having this conversation.

The fact we actually have/had the top rated prospect corps in the league is the frosting on Del's disaffected sundae. But we coach that promise right out out of them and terrify them instead of teaching them. Then we act surprised that they regress.

The cherry on top is that we are again homeless going into next season and facing a real possibility of relocation.

Last edited:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I just watched as much of the game as I could stomach. It's either laugh or break something. I need to go back to IKEA for a cup and saucer.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Obviously we have issues. Never said we don't. Just find it funny how some people are using this game as validation for their long standing complaints. And some seem excited to do so. Lot more activity from some people, and for reference this thread is already at 200 posts the last win is at 134.

There are most definitely some who post more after losses. I agree taking glee in the team losing to be right is lame, I'd rather be wrong and have the team succeed than the other way around. A 7 0 shellacking could validate some complaints though. If your theory is that the team is poorly coached a blowout loss could support that.

I also wonder if post counts in game day threads increase after any anomalous game. As bad as we are 7 0 isn't normal. I'd bet people are more likely to discuss unusual situations like this game.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Is there an issue with HF? Had a post just vanish from this GDT and it happened yesterday as well.

MP

Feb 8, 2008
I was wrong, it was about 13 seconds:

Holy crap. He looks like he, personally, is done with this team. Not only have the players given up on him, he's given up on the players.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Gotta imagine Tippet is getting frustrated.

One tank year almost caused him to ragequit, a year with a 22 point improvement and some positives- and now this year is another tank year.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Holy crap. He looks like he, personally, is done with this team. Not only have the players given up on him, he's given up on the players.

It's got to be the inconsistency more than anything. Show up and win against Nashville, and follow up with this pile of horse crap? What does that tell a coach?

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Not northern hockey elitists who hate us because we're in Phoenix, not a bitter rival, just fans who know crap when they see it.

Clearly the Pittsburgh fans are still mad that Dave Tippett was outscored by Ulf from the blueline in 92-93 when they won the President's trophy and lost in the second round. They have an irrational hate of Tippett and blame him for everything. Also, they enjoy complaining.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003

It sounded like he gave up several games ago when he threatened to go get players who can get the job done. You can see they've responded.
He gives up on players all the time. They are usually under 25 years old. Once in the dog house, they don't get out.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona

If we were only lucky enough for him to man up and resign. He'll never walk away from all that money though. Thanks brilliant ownership.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
It's got to be the inconsistency more than anything. Show up and win against Nashville, and follow up with this pile of horse crap? What does that tell a coach?

"We'll play for the home fans, but you can get ****ed" - the players.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Most of the fans on Facebook are complaining about Tippet as well. I think nearly everyone blames Tippet right now. Maybe ownership will take notice?
Ownership won't notice. They're too busy walking around Phoenix picking up pennies off the street hoping it'll pay for the arena.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Most of the fans on Facebook are complaining about Tippet as well. I think nearly everyone blames Tippet right now. Maybe ownership will take notice?

There's only a couple holdouts on reddit as well.

If the losses keep piling up, they'll have no choice but to address it. If you let him go this month, there's a good chance he gets courted and rehired quickly.

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
Well this game was rather embarrassing. Very rough game for Chychrun and Ekman-Larsson.

Good? I noticed Rieder, Crouse, and Martinook the most but that was it.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I see less "I told you so" and more "we suck".

Not on reply to you possum, but here's some quotes from pens fans in their post game thread.

Not northern hockey elitists who hate us because we're in Phoenix, not a bitter rival, just fans who know crap when they see it.

This is actually sad. When we have other fanbases feeling sympathy for us, you know it's rock bottom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad