GDT: Game 28: Coyotes @ Penguins - FSAZ - 5 PM

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
There are some people who become a lot more active after something bad happens then when something good happens. And even when we do win there are typically a bunch of negative things to go along with it.

And yeah 7-0 sucks. But some people look like they're using this as validation for all their constant complaints. Personally, I find it quite funny.

Colorado just lost to Montreal 10-0 I think the score was, and they are two years ahead on their rebuild. Like you said 7-0 sucks, but it happens, especially with all these kids learning the ropes. OEL, again seemed to play half assed, in fact our D overall were terrible. This was a team loss, but the vets have to show up and lead the way, and that has not happened enough this year. If I said it once, I said it a thousand times, this is going to be a roller coaster of a season. Have to be patient, and by the sounds of it, very few are.

LeonDraisaitl

Jan 5, 2015
Saskatchewan
First night getting NHL Live so I decided to watch this game. Was definitely pretty rough but I think I'll start watching the coyotes religous ly

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
This is the Avs first year of their rebuild because they just lost their stubborn, irrational coach. They also changed hands in ownership last year. Those other years don't count. Why would you keep going back farther than that?

Last edited:

zz

Nov 1, 2006
Colorado just lost to Montreal 10-0 I think the score was, and they are two years ahead on their rebuild.

Trying to follow your logic - because the Avs are terrible, we should feel better about following their lead?

Look, I don't know who's to blame, it doesn't matter. This team's getting worse over time. This year is worse than last year. This is going to be our 5th season in a row out of the playoffs. Doan is on his way out, and we have no replacement. As you mentioned, even OEL seems to be regressing. Smith used to be our #1 concern, now he's at the bottom of our list of issues. Our points leader is Radim effing Vrbata.

Looking at this, any other team would fire the coach. Even if he's not the reason behind those results. Whatever is going on, it isn't working, and changing coaching staff is the quickest way to try and right the ship. It really can't get any worse, anyway.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Did we ever get schooled last night.... I know- helluvan understatement.

Forced errors lead to three goals and it was over from there. While the errors were forced (lets give the Stanley Cup Champs some credit here), they were preventable with better judgement and/or execution.

It's that simple, move on to the next, credit the Pens for not taking us lightly and reflect/marvel at the stellar forecheck they implement.

kbay

Apr 8, 2016
Goodyear, Arizona
Well that was brutal!!! Will say the Penguins fans are very nice, but when they are beating us so badly what else could they say. My daughter said if we scored a goal when we were down 7-0 she was standing up and cheering to which the Penguin fan behind us said "heck I'll stand up and cheer with you".

I have also been informed that I will no longer be permitted to fly from Arizona to watch them play in Pittsburgh as the last two years it has been 13-0!!!

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Well that was brutal!!! Will say the Penguins fans are very nice, but when they are beating us so badly what else could they say. My daughter said if we scored a goal when we were down 7-0 she was standing up and cheering to which the Penguin fan behind us said "heck I'll stand up and cheer with you".

I have also been informed that I will no longer be permitted to fly from Arizona to watch them play in Pittsburgh as the last two years it has been 13-0!!!

Haha - you need to stay home, from now on! My daughter was at last years game, but has since moved to Chicago, so we can't blame her. I wish she'd move back here.... what with the Pens and then the Cubs and all. :)

Edit: Definitely good folks (generally speaking) in the Burgh.

OriginalJetsCoyotes

Mar 7, 2016
Hanmer, Ontario
This is the Avs first year of their rebuild because they just lost their stubborn, irrational coach. They also changed hands in ownership last year. Those other years don't count. Why would you keep going back farther than that?

So you're saying with all the talent we've accumulated we're only in the first year of our rebuild because we changed GMs? No, that isn't how it works. Colorado is further along in their rebuild than we are, regardless of management changes.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I guess I'm not all that chuffed over a blowout. After a while it just gets stupid because you can see the team getting blown out already getting their travel apps ready for the next game.

I get WAY more upset about close losses, particularly in cases where the Coyotes look far worse than the final score indicates, and then the homers in the broadcast booth go on and on about "luck" and the coaches go on and on about "execution" and everyone just breezes past the fact that this is a deep-seated malaise rather than some fluke or episodic lack of effort.

But for something like last night, it's like The Simpsons and the Sideshow Bob rake gag - after a while, it just gets funnier and funnier.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009

I got news for you. Lots of Pittsburgh sports fans and the 'fans' of the teams in Pittsburgh aren't as nice as you think.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I got news for you. Lots of Pittsburgh sports fans and the 'fans' of the teams in Pittsburgh aren't as nice as you think.

Why do you care so much about what other sports fan think

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona

Yeah, I really don't understand the bizarre excuses that pop around here. I've literally never heard any of this absurd circular logic applied by any other fanbase, in literally any of the 4 major professional sports.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Yeah, I really don't understand the bizarre excuses that pop around here. I've literally never heard any of this absurd circular logic applied by any other fanbase, in literally any of the 4 major professional sports.

Colorado has been rebuilding longer, and we still have less points than they do in the past six seasons (I deliberately kept our WCF year). 2011-12 to now the Avs have 198 wins. We have 168.

We've only been rebuilding for 3, 2, or 1 seasons depending on who you're listening to, and we still have fewer wins than the Avs who have been rebuilding for four years, I guess according to this latest narrative.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad