GDT: Game 28: Columbus at Philadelphia | 12/5 7:30PM EST

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Bob is a notorious slow starter, but this season was off the charts bad.

The only unifying thing with Bobrovski and 'slow starts' is Todd Richards. Only in Columbus the number of losses have exceeded wins taken.

During Bobrovski's rookie season: first month at max four goals allowed, five victories, two losses. Second season: two victories and one loss. Lockout: 4/5 first started won.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
mic drop

Torts was on Sirius NHL radio yesterday....I missed the beginning, but here is what I heard:

-RyJo wants to be better, knows he has to be better and is working towards getting there

-Loves Bob. Said that when Richards was fired, Bob was honest and said he felt responsible. That Bob has worked harder than any other player, that he is in awe of how hard he works.

-Says the staff in Lake Erie is doing a great job. Every player that they've had to call up has played well and been prepared. That once the team is healthy, they will have more options because some of the guys in the AHL will have proven that they can play in the NHL.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I get where you are coming from, but feeling responsible and being responsible are 2 different things.
IMO from watching those first 7 games there should have been a line of guys apologizing for their play.

In the end, the "mic drop" thing is at best half-serious. Yes, there were a lot of players performing poorly. Yes, you win and lose as a team. But IMO my recollection, which I feel is backed up by the content of the GDTs and the highlights, is that the player performing most egregiously below expectations was Bobrovsky.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
In the end, the "mic drop" thing is at best half-serious. Yes, there were a lot of players performing poorly. Yes, you win and lose as a team. But IMO my recollection, which I feel is backed up by the content of the GDTs and the highlights, is that the player performing most egregiously below expectations was Bobrovsky.

Oh I agree about Bob. There were many shots he should have stopped regardless of what the D did. I am not a Bob denier by any means. I think the jr. jackets would have picked him last if they were choosing goalies.
But when your goalie says he has 0 confidence and you march him right back out, can you really be surprised when he sucks?
Ultimately Bob should feel responsible, he was terrible. Good on him to not pass the buck. Other guys on the team should be stepping up as well though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad