Post-Game Talk: GAME #28 - Canucks 1 vs. Wild 3 Part II - "NW Division Chumps"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Thought about calling in to 980, but screw it, I'll just post my point here.

First of all, let me start by saying what I'm about to say doesn't mean there aren't other issues on the team. This, however, is the single biggest one.

Ryan Kesler is by far the most important player to this team, and he's broken. When Kesler is playing well, the effect goes through the lineup more than any other player bar none. It takes pressure off the Sedins, and sometimes even forces them into easier matchups, and it makes it so that guys like Higgins, Hansen, etc. can just go out and fly around and play their games without the pressure of knowing if they don't produce like top 6 forwards, the team just flat out won't win.

Kesler is the engine on this team, and he's injury prone and it freakin' murders us in terms of the trickle down effect it has on our lineup.

Well, what do we expect, really? Take out a 2C with no one to replace him, and no 3C, while having no top six winger to boot and you have a recipe for failure. I agree that Kesler is the key cog to this team, and with him out, we don't seem to have any sort of identity. We don't know what style to play with him out.

King of Anarchy

Sep 30, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Well done getting on there, LB. :) Last time I got on radio, I think I was about 11? Got to ask Cory Hirsch a question. I think Dave Randorff was the host at the time. :laugh:

My last time was in 2006. The 1040 call screener asked me what my question was, I told him it was about Cloutier being traded and he told me that it wasn't going to happen and to call back when I thought of a better question.

I haven't thought of a better question. :(

Astoria

#ILEquestrian
Sep 11, 2012
Seattle, WA
Oh god...here's the inevitable "too many americans and europeans" call...

Just listened to that as well...

Sometimes I wish they would let another caller come on and then allow both callers to have some sort of on-air debate/smackdown session...

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Lockout shortened season + No training camp + no players playing overseas + injuries. It should be no surprise how this season is shaping out for this team.

That is a recipe for a slow start and fast finish. We had a good start. Outside of injures and a roster holes, not sure what can be blamed for the current state of affairs besides AV/MG.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華

Av to Gills after the game

"This guy is young and has hands... Get him off my team."

tbf he didn't stick with Florida either. Not surprising; not a fast or remotely gritty player but very skilled. Tailor made for the KHL.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
This is on Gillis' face. The goalie farce should have been solved right after the CBA was signed.

And AV should have never started the year here.

What an arrogant SOB. This season has been so disappointing. At least if there was entertainment value...but there isn't.

Astoria

#ILEquestrian
Sep 11, 2012
Seattle, WA
Oh sweet Jesus, I've had the TV on mute while listening to the Team 1040 postgame shenanigans and what-do-ya-know, I finally look at the TV and it's the replay of tonight's game.

CONGRATULATIONS UNIVERSE, YOU WIN!

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Didn't AV said couple games ago "this is where we wanted to be"..
5 wins in the past 16, from 8-2-2 to 13-9-6

We sure like where we are tonight

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
This is on Gillis' face. The goalie farce should have been solved right after the CBA was signed.

And AV should have never started the year here.

What an arrogant SOB. This season has been so disappointing. At least if there was entertainment value...but there isn't.

I agree. I felt from the beginning that this goalie situation would backfire on them. I think it has and I think it is effecting the team internally. Also the wasted cap space.

He might not be able to get anything for Luongo anymore and the only way he might be able to save face is to trade schneider now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad