GDT: Game #28: Anaheim Ducks @ New York Islanders, 4:30pm PT, BSSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
If gretzky can be traded, anyone can

Watching kids develop is more interesting than watching stupid plays resulting to losses and being borderline 1st round fodder
Watching kids devolope a losing habit? Losing atmosphere? No it's.not fun. We flat out suck. We are supposed to better than last year. Right now we are no different.

Reactions: snowave

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
Watching kids devolope a losing habit? Losing atmosphere? No it's.not fun. We flat out suck. We are supposed to better than last year. Right now we are no different.
Exactly. We suck. Blow it up. The kids are losing now anyways

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
And ur paying thousands watching bonehead plays and having angry heart breaking losses. Then you gotta spend money for high blood pressure pills. At least with the kids you can see who has potential
a team solely comprised of developing kids would be both atrocious to watch and atrocious for their development

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
And ur paying thousands watching bonehead plays and having angry heart breaking losses. At least with the kids you can see who has potential
Again - zero of those kids would be in the NHL, so no, I would not be. I’d be watching the current kids getting their faces caved in with whatever UFA scraps we overpaid to come here. I also wouldn’t have gotten Getzlaf’s last season here, because there’s no way he would have returned to Anaheim for that shit show.

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
a team solely comprised of developing kids would be both atrocious to watch and atrocious for their development
Tell that to the sacramento kings or the okc thunders. They blew it up all for kids and are finally putting it together

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
A lot of tough losses. The Ducks get called for a lot of penalties, a lot earned but enough of them marginal.

Personally it is the lack of the Ducks getting calls, especially blatant, is the real problem.

How can a team stay, or even be motivated, when the refs swallow the whistle? At some point there is no play through it.

If the disparity between what qualifies as a penalty continues it doesn’t matter who plays for us. Unless of course, it is Crosby, McDavid, etc.

John

Reactions: Ducks DVM

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
i decided to skip this game since i just can't deal with losing anymore, life sucks enough already. then i saw the score, saw how Terry coughed up a puck on the PP for the SHG and saw Gibson let in that softy, wasn't even surprised. franchise has created a losing culture that i don't see changing any time soon. just need to step away from this team for awhile.

Reactions: duckaroosky

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
murray not trading gibson when his value was at an all time high in 2019 is easily one of the biggest f*** ups in franchise history

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
At what point does Cronin start getting some (or more) of the blame? This stretch of play has been pathetic and it's not like he's doing anything different than Eakins right now.

And Eakins had Fowler and a waiver wire d corps 2-6. At some point the coach has to elevate some of the players.

I remember how most of the board made fun of Eakins for not earning a Regulation win until game 20, against the NY Rangers last year. At least that team knew how to take it to OT for at least a point. We're having trouble securing a point despite having a better PP, PK, and ES defense. Cronin still has a better roster than Eakins, but the improvement has been marginal. We need more out of Cronin and the players.

If Mac or Z aren't back, then I'd move Strome out of 2C and back onto the wing. Move Rico up to 2C. Rico has offensive upside as a center, but he's stuck on the third line.

Killorn-Carlsson-Terry
Vatrano-Rico-Strome
Jones-Groulx-Silf
McGinn-Carrick-Leason

Reactions: snowave

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Some teams are deep enough to weather a storm with top guys out. Those are your Cup contenders. Some teams can scrape by, your playoff/bubble teams. Then there are teams that go completely upside down. That's us.

Majority of our vets are nice additions to playoff caliber teams. They aren't guys that can carry a bad team.

We ain't there yet.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
A lot of tough losses. The Ducks get called for a lot of penalties, a lot earned but enough of them marginal.

Personally it is the lack of the Ducks getting calls, especially blatant, is the real problem.

How can a team stay, or even be motivated, when the refs swallow the whistle? At some point there is no play through it.

If the disparity between what qualifies as a penalty continues it doesn’t matter who plays for us. Unless of course, it is Crosby, McDavid, etc.

John

This has been the case for what feels like ever with the Ducks not getting deserved calls. Tonight, the team found a way to be tied at the last minutes with getting a call, but blew it.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006

John
Oh cmon they gave the ducks a pp with less than 2 . minutes left at least they could have got it to ot. They couldn't even do that shit. No this one is one Gibson and the players

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
i decided to skip this game since i just can't deal with losing anymore, life sucks enough already. then i saw the score, saw how Terry coughed up a puck on the PP for the SHG and saw Gibson let in that softy, wasn't even surprised. franchise has created a losing culture that i don't see changing any time soon. just need to step away from this team for awhile.
At least 5 years

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Some teams are deep enough to weather a storm with top guys out. Those are your Cup contenders. Some teams can scrape by, your playoff/bubble teams. Then there are teams that go completely upside down. That's us.

Majority of our vets are nice additions to playoff caliber teams. They aren't guys that can carry a bad team.

We ain't there yet.
Yeah, when we get back 3 of our top 5 players, they’ll go back to being watchable/fun again. Getting Lundestrom back will also be a boost.

Those are the upgrades Verbeek will make before canning the coach, sending out players, or making panic moves. I think there’s a roughly 0% chance that he moves out any draft pick higher than a 5th or any prospect at all unless it’s overwhelmingly in the Ducks’ favor, and that won’t be for a rental.

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
Does anyone know if getting 2nd overall counted as winning a lottery? Does the 2 in 5 rule count 2oa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad