GDT: Game #28: Anaheim Ducks @ New York Islanders, 4:30pm PT, BSSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
At what point does Cronin start getting some (or more) of the blame? This stretch of play has been pathetic and it's not like he's doing anything different than Eakins right now.
I think it’s hard to give him blame when you’re essentially missing your 4 best players.

its a developmental season, Cronin got a long leash imo

• Haha
Reactions: gunnergunther

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Nah, I get where you’re coming from, but if that were a Z or a veteran who made that play, I’d be screaming for them to ride pine. In a developmental year like this, needs to learn that he can’t do that.
Sure. But in a one goal deficit situation you can still do that in the locker room. I'd be in favor of benching him if had happened earlier in the game, but in the situation they were in you're doing the whole team a disservice if one of the more talented offensive players on the team is sitting for a perpetually snakebitten guy like Silf.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
At what point does Cronin start getting some (or more) of the blame? This stretch of play has been pathetic and it's not like he's doing anything different than Eakins right now.
not until the team is fully healthy and they keep on losing. the blame will go to injuries until then

but the entire team just looks off every game. zero chemistry

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
I think it’s hard to give him blame when you’re essentially missing your 4 best players.
The rest of the roster are still supposed to be nhl players. There is no compete, no fight for large parts of the game. Just flaccid all over the ice, and the slow starts are directly something the coach should.be able to do something about

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
not until the team is fully healthy and they keep on losing. the blame will go to injuries until then

I think Cronin is in a no win situation with the carlsson situation + injuries… very hard to find chemistry or offense

The rest of the roster are still supposed to be nhl players. There is no compete, no fight for large parts of the game. Just flaccid all over the ice, and the slow starts are directly something the coach should.be able to do something about
The rest of the roster is essentially a bunch of bottom 6 players/extra skaters…. Terry being the exception

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

I'm not ready to start calling for a change behind the bench and won't for a while but there's definitely some game prep issues going on with this group. Some very basic hockey fundamentals are turning into struggles for a lot of these guys. I don't think it's just a chemistry issue.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I think Cronin is in a no win situation with the carlsson situation + injuries… very hard to find chemistry or offense

The rest of the roster is essentially a bunch of bottom 6 players/extra skaters…. Terry being the exception

And Eakins had Fowler and a waiver wire d corps 2-6. At some point the coach has to elevate some of the players.

Steppin Razor

Nov 11, 2013
I'm not ready to start calling for a change behind the bench and won't for a while but there's definitely some game prep issues going on with this group. Some very basic hockey fundamentals are turning into struggles for a lot of these guys. I don't think it's just a chemistry issue.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think we need a coaching change, but this seems to be more than just a "chemistry" issue. Like @Bender66 said, he's allowing his the team come out flat, etc.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
Statistically, there’s not actually much difference in the number of NHL players we would get, and statistically zero of them would be likely to be top 6 players.
I would rather roll the dice for a kyle connor or a perry than continue with these scrubs

Trade terry while we can

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I would rather roll the dice for a kyle connor or a perry than continue with these scrubs

You aren't wrong with that thinking. But it doesn't matter now. BM 100% should have moved Silf and Rico for picks once the writing was on the wall. Silf is worthless now. Fowler would have value if not for his NTC. Rico might get a 2nd.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Trade terry while we can
You prob have to wait and see with terry…. No point selling low on him…. He could just be in a funk…. And lack of chemistry across the forward group is a legit issue

He’ll bounce back eventually

Reactions: The Duck Knight

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
How do you trade the player you just gave a 7 year deal to. Your gonna have to eat a lot of that money
If gretzky can be traded, anyone can

I pay to attend games. There’s no way I would have paid for a roster without Fowler, Gibson, Silfverberg, and Henrique the last 2 (and this) season. That’s not even a good AHL team.
Watching kids develop is more interesting than watching stupid plays resulting to losses and being borderline 1st round fodder

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
If gretzky can be traded, anyone can

Watching kids develop is more interesting than watching stupid plays resulting to losses and being borderline 1st round fodder
Paying thousands of dollars to watch a team significancy worse than last year’s team is not interesting at all, because a late 1st won’t be in the NHL for 3-5 years after they’re drafted. Zero of them would be on the team right now.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
Paying thousands of dollars to watch a team significancy worse than last year’s team is not interesting at all, because a late 1st won’t be in the NHL for 3-5 years after they’re drafted. Zero of them would be on the team right now.
And ur paying thousands watching bonehead plays and having angry heart breaking losses. Then you gotta spend money for high blood pressure pills. At least with the kids you can see who has potential

• Haha
Reactions: snowave
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad