BRUINS GDT GAME 28 7:38 PM - THE BEAR is running at Belmont Park - NESN, ESPN+, SN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
What a game. Flaws and all, darn proud of the team for fighting back through the late first period struggles, erasing three deficits and coming away with two points. I hope tomorrow doesn't turn out like the game at MSG(which I attended). If I'm not mistaken, if Linus doesn't stick his toe out, they're down 3-0. They turned up the sound for the third period at Buff's, which was fun.

Last edited:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I said in the pre season that Geekie should take the 2C spot. Not because he's really a 2C but because he would be the only one out of his element who might be able to pull it off on some nights.

He believes in himself. Given the chance he's earned it.
To fill in for Zacha or another center when injured, sure. But the geek is not a top six center. I like him and he has been impressive the past few games.

I see him as a 3C. Respectfully.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
One of North America' safest places. Lowest crime rate in Canada. Boring as f*** but that's besides the point. Super safe.
It seems pretty safe. Definitely a lot to do but also very expensive in my opinion.

Overall though it’s a pretty nice place to visit.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Joker, look I have no issues with anyone calling out Jake. I have been doing the same. We get it. I get it. You get it. He gets it. He needs to score. I'm not the only one who sees the good in everything else he's doing. If you don't see that, that's fine. I don't defend him beyond reason. I know that's the stereotype on here about me. But I thought this was a team game? So Jake didn't score in the SO or the game so he had nothing to do with the win? I find that ridiculous.

I think we need to stop shifting the lines and get some stability to see where Jake fits first. Monty constantly shifts the lines every game, multiple times a game. There needs to be some consistency here. Especially when we need Jake to get going. I've been fair about Jake. Go search my name on here. Especially about Jake. Misconceptions galore that I blindly defend him. Not the case. I respect you as a poster. I have no issues with you.

Joker, look I have no issues with anyone calling out Jake. I have been doing the same. We get it. I get it. You get it. He gets it. He needs to score. I'm not the only one who sees the good in everything else he's doing. If you don't see that, that's fine. I don't defend him beyond reason. I know that's the stereotype on here about me. But I thought this was a team game? So Jake didn't score in the SO or the game so he had nothing to do with the win? I find that ridiculous.

I think we need to stop shifting the lines and get some stability to see where Jake fits first. Monty constantly shifts the lines every game, multiple times a game. There needs to be some consistency here. Especially when we need Jake to get going. I've been fair about Jake. Go search my name on here. Especially about Jake. Misconceptions galore that I blindly defend him. Not the case. I respect you as a poster. I have no issues with you.
All that wouldn't be unreasonable if we weren't 1/3 way through the season. In a contract year you can't get it together is worrisome to me.

Reactions: Gordoff and Alicat

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
They played horribly for all but the first ten minutes and last six. The officials screwed em, but the hockey gods and Ullmark were on their side.... I can't believe the Islanders missed an open net from three feet with no around the shooter. Maybe somebody tipped it and I missed it. Geekie and Marchand were decent. Despite getting burned on a bad bounce, Shattenkirk was their best defenseman by far. The rest of them were quite bad.

I hope Sweeney can use his modest assets to make changes.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Charlie!!
Charlie Coyle is my favorite Bruin today. I love the way he plays the game. Not a perfect player but incredibly hard working and hard to play against. I feel like he would have to be one of our most important players when we move towards playoff hockey. The fact that he’s putting up first line points this year is awesome but the things he does year after year have always been critical to playoff hockey.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
When zacha returns our forward lines will run smoothly . This is some serious patchwork by Monty.
It's been patchwork with Montgomery regardless.

Understanding who is going and who is not, and making in-game changes, in addition to making line changes through practice, etc. Is fine.

But there's been too much of a Helter skelter approach here. To the point, again, where I don't know what the first line is or what the second line is. And again, I'm not even sure about lines three or four.

Pick some combos, Sunny Jim, and go with them for a game or two.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Fair point. But it's concerning to me that we're 1/3 into the season and we still don't have consistent lines.
None of the other players are bitching about this.

With players out the lines will be changed around. Jake needs to adjust like everyone else.

Hopefully once the players that are out return, they can establish lines. Until then all must work through it.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
You may very well be right. But he certainly has played like a top six center, the last three or four games.
I agree, but that's over a few games. An entire season is another matter. If the geek can enter the top six, I'm fine with that. At least he has shown some emotion and initiative. That has been in short supply thus far this season.

Reactions: Gordoff

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
full

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
I agree, but that's over a few games. An entire season is another matter. If the geek can enter the top six, I'm fine with that. At least he has shown some emotion and initiative. That has been in short supply thus far this season.
One thing I will say is he has always had just 4th line minutes where he has played and still put up decent numbers so with added responsibility and more minutes, I could definitely see him with forty or fifty points.

Reactions: Gordoff and hrdpuk

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
None of the other players are bitching about this.

With players out the lines will be changed around. Jake needs to adjust like everyone else.

Hopefully once the players that are out return, they can establish lines. Until then all must work through it.

Monty has been changing lines since before players were out. This has been going on since the start of the season

And no players are bitching about this fact, yes you're right. Jake included. Nobody is bitching about it. Nobody said anyone was bitching about it.

I just think we need some stability on the lines. And the constant shuffling isn't helping. That's all. I think we can agree on that.

Reactions: GordonHowe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce