Pre-Game Talk: Game 28 3/18 7:07 PM - GAME ON!!!! Finally we play Buffalo - NESN, ESPN+, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
SO HELP ME if the Bruins come out and lay an egg "because it's Buffalo" I will personally drive all the way up there and kick their butts.

Fair warning.

I'll even borrow @Ladyfan 's bat.

And no cookies for any of them.

You've been warned, Bruins. :skeptic:

Don't do it.

I will be more surprised if Boston comes out and dominates the series tbh.

They should right?

Boston getting smashed by buffnblo is entirely plausible

Why? You already know.

It's called Bruins..

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
Sabres now say only 15% of tickets sold are from Ontario.

Crossing the border has become a hassle and it can back up on game nights.

Buffalo is a great hockey market but it has lost a lot of population in the past 40 years and now as a market, it is the size of Providence. More pressing is very little in the way of corporate sponsors.

On game days they open all the booths to let the traffic across. It generally goes pretty quickly.

Reactions: trenton1

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Nifty Rick and Barry Pederson did a number in the Sabres on the 1983 playoffs. Middleton had the most points and assists in a single playoff series with 19 points and 14 assists in the Eastern Quarter-Final against the Buffalo Sabres.
upload_2021-3-17_22-21-57.jpeg

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Nifty Rick and Barry Pederson did a number in the Sabres on the 1983 playoffs. Middleton had the most points and assists in a single playoff series with 19 points and 14 assists in the Eastern Quarter-Final against the Buffalo Sabres.
View attachment 409133

Game 5 in 1983:

Bruins 9, Sabres 0

Gee, where have we seen that score? Nifty had Housley staring up at the second balcony at one point.

BSJ Live Q&A: Conor Ryan on Bruins/NHL – Thursday at 4 p.m. | Boston Sports Journal

Last edited:
Reactions: Mick Riddleton

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
If I've said it once I've said it a hundred times- if a goaltender leaves the protection of his crease he is fair game to be checked just like any other player.

You can say it a thousand times if you want, but it will still be wrong.

Rule #78: In all cases in which an attacking player initiates other than incidental contact with a goalkeeper, whether or not the goalkeeper is inside or outside the goal crease, and whether or not a goal is scored, the offensive player will receive a penalty (minor or major, as the Referee deems appropriate).

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad