PGT: Game 27 WJC Semi-Finals: U.S. 2 - Russia 1 Part II

PrototypeX85

Jan 18, 2011
Are we discussing the game or which country not in the tournament is better based on history?

It's people living in the past. Wonder what their excuse will be when the younger players reach their prime and Canada is no longer as dominant in the international tournaments. The past decade of the World Juniors have shown that Canada's younger players are no longer as good as a couple other countries. USA (and arguably Finland) has passed them IMO, and it'll translate to Olympic success starting in 2026.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I like it being competitive. More interesting and it is interesting to see Sweden, Finland, and even the Swiss improve. The balance of power is evening out.

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
It's people living in the past. Wonder what their excuse will be when the younger players reach their prime and Canada is no longer as dominant in the international tournaments. The past decade of the World Juniors have shown that Canada's younger players are no longer as good as a couple other countries. USA (and arguably Finland) has passed them IMO, and it'll translate to Olympic success starting in 2026.

Bring it on.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Kostin post game comments are disgusting. What an idiot. And he's planning a career in NHL?

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Are these new comments or are you referring to the ones towards Comtois?
New one. They were spreading that "Everyone hate us here, because russians, crowd is against us, reffs are against us" during the whole tournament. Cold War atmosphere in that locker room.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Kostin seems a bit petulant. We make lots of excuses for young guys being young and all, and sometimes that's all it is. But we all knew assholes when we were young that grew up to be old assholes...

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I felt like US was better during most of the 2nd and later half of the 1st. But the penalties they took changed the dynamics of their play. Need to clean that up for the final.

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016

Sounds like a lot of wishful thinking, pal.

Reactions: snipes and Larry44

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
Prove us otherwise, pal. Its undeniable that other countries are catching up to Canada. Your blind if you cant admit that

I'll reserve judgment until 2026 (which is the year of the Great Takeover, as it has been prophesized). I do not have access to a time machine like some HF posters.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
I dont have a time machine either. Ill DM you in 2026 tho, marking it on my calendar now. Calendars will still be a thing in 7 years, right?

Reactions: Scrantonicity 2

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017
Prove us otherwise, pal. Its undeniable that other countries are catching up to Canada. Your blind if you cant admit that

I can understand how posters like Scrantonicity2 and others don't want to acknowledge that US might be a dominant hockey country. People in other countries feel sure, let US dominate in basketball or baseball because those sports are Big Time mainstream sports in the US. But hell no should US dominate in hockey which is maybe only the 4th most popular (maybe golf is 4th? Or is NASCAR 4th?).
I see this in soccer as well. For example, Mexico hates the thought of US being THE soccer (sorry, football) power in North America because for so long Mexico dominated. Furthermore, soccer is Mexico's #1 sport so it would be galling to have US overtake when soccer isn't #1 (or even #2 or #3) in US. Basically, it would suck for other countries if US became a powerhouse in a sport which isn't #1 in the US but is #1 in another country.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
I can understand how posters like Scrantonicity2 and others don't want to acknowledge that US might be a dominant hockey country. People in other countries feel sure, let US dominate in basketball or baseball because those sports are Big Time mainstream sports in the US. But hell no should US dominate in hockey which is maybe only the 4th most popular (maybe golf is 4th? Or is NASCAR 4th?).
I see this in soccer as well. For example, Mexico hates the thought of US being THE soccer (sorry, football) power in North America because for so long Mexico dominated. Furthermore, soccer is Mexico's #1 sport so it would be galling to have US overtake when soccer isn't #1 (or even #2 or #3) in US. Basically, it would suck for other countries if US became a powerhouse in a sport which isn't #1 in the US but is #1 in another country.

No I completely understand and agree with you. By the way, hockey is the 4th most popular sport. But i do understand what your saying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad