GDT: Game 27 -|- Wild (14-7-5) at Johnscotts (13-14-1) -|- 8 PM CST/ 4 AM Suomi -|- FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The total lack of movement can't fall strictly on the players. The way they do absolutely nothing screams that there is no actual plan for they are trying to do.

Coaches need to actually design some plays that have movement in them or something.

Here is a free one: Suter(probably not the best for this) back pedal to Pominville's position, Pominville loop around to Parise's spot and then Parise pop out to Suter's original spot. Suter reads the play and decides to either pass to one of them or drive/shoot himself.

You can see that Poms isn't ready to shoot. Look a the difference between him and Dumba. Dumba has his stick up in the air ready to blast before the pass even comes. Poms has his stick on the ice, with his hips in the wrong direction for shooting on net. Fine for passing, not ready to shoot.

That's all we need, another reluctant shooter on the PP.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
You can see that Poms isn't ready to shoot. Look a the difference between him and Dumba. Dumba has his stick up in the air ready to blast before the pass even comes. Poms has his stick on the ice, with his hips in the wrong direction for shooting on net. Fine for passing, not ready to shoot.

That's all we need, another reluctant shooter on the PP.

If I had the choice both Pominville and Suter wouldn't be on the PP, hell anyone who's "main" shot is a wrist shot wouldn't be on the PP.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
If I had the choice both Pominville and Suter wouldn't be on the PP, hell anyone who's "main" shot is a wrist shot wouldn't be on the PP.

There's more to a PP than a shot, but I take your point. I'm not thrilled with either of them, but Suter IS our leading scorer, last I looked. If he's at the top and there are shooters on either side I'm good.

Though Spurgeon wouldn't be a bad alternative,either. AND Suter would get some rest

Last edited:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
The fact that I didn't see Dumba on the PP once tonight is a cause for concern. I don't know what they're thinking, by not putting him out there. He's CLEARLY the best option on the left point.

slovakia18

English? I can't.
Jan 7, 2012
austria/swiss
the answer is, Yeo end Vanek his "beasty performence" with the line change. VAnek was on top , wen a player is hot never change to much...
i can't understand this..
Parise is not "the whole wild team he is a part of the whole and not the "wilds gretzky" .Vanek was the hot player and yeo brings him down...

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
the answer is, Yeo end Vanek his "beasty performence" with the line change. VAnek was on top , wen a player is hot never change to much...
Parise is not "the whole wild team he is a part of the whole and not the "wilds gretzky" .Vanek was the hot player and yeo brings him down...

If your best player is coming off an injury and the only options are

a) Break up "the best line in the NHL"

b) Move Valium to 3rd

c) Put your best player to 3rd

Which one you would choose?

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
BTW Koivu's line looks rubbish. Next game lines please.

Parise - Granlund - Zucker
Vanek - Koivu - Pommer
Nino - Coyle - Fontaine

murdoq

Nov 7, 2009
If your best player is coming off an injury and the only options are

a) Break up "the best line in the NHL"

b) Move Valium to 3rd

c) Put your best player to 3rd

Which one you would choose?

i think for the wild the answer should be c, because of two reasons

1) parise is a very talented grinder that probably succeeds on any line due to his hard work

2) vanek is the highest skilled player on the wild who needs linemates that think the game like he does

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
It's pretty clear that the lines need to be switched up and the PP needs work. Kuemps is the only bright spot.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN

Yes , we all know that you are a Vanek fan.

Maybe not so much a Wild fan.

borisbadenough

Mar 25, 2013
Start skating a puck possession slow guy line in ot. LOL pull the goaltender add a defenseman .lol.Make it a 4x3 pp do or die Their record could not be worse. The fast guys suck.

There are not a lot of guys on this team that finish those grade A scoring chances well. Had about eight of them last night in regulaton .

sticks not on the ice, surprised by the pass, bad body position, late to the net, no separation..yikes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad