GDT: Game 27: MTL @ CAL Sat Mar 13, 2021 – 7pm ET | Apocalypse Now Edition | CITY, SNE, SNW, SNP, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I really don't get the hate on Byron right now.
I agree that he's costing way too much and we should trade him asap.

But since Ducharme is here:
He's playing 12:40 per game, one of the lowest amount on the team and that include 1:56 of those are on the PK
Despite that low amount of ice-time, he got 3 points in 8 games.....same as Danault.
18 hits - 3rd on the team
66.7% in the faceoff circle when used there

Not going to defend Byron cause I want him off this team, but he's not a problem in that usage either (except for his contract as we all agree that we should move on from him is we've got a chance)

We've got bigger problem in bigger role to fix.
Danault scored and is finally on the 3rd line, Chiarot is out with a broken hand and Price is playing great

Gotta hate on someone so it’s Byron’s turn to be the villain

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Danault scored and is finally on the 3rd line, Chiarot is out with a broken hand and Price is playing great

Problem is Byron should be sat, Lehkonen provides more at this point...Frolic would probably be a better option as well...

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Habs have

12 regulation win
7 regulation losses
7 regulation ties

Anything that happens 3v3 or in the shootout is an absolutely atrocious measure for a team. Not representative at all.

The bogus extra point is the extra one going to the winning team is that even a debate?

Fact is, 12 reg wins in 26 games in such a weak division is deplorable. Expected better than that.

Reactions: Holystik

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Fact is, 12 reg wins in 26 games in such a weak division is deplorable. Expected better than that.

Edit: There is only 4 teams with more then 12 RW league wide. A few tied at 12.

Personally IDC about the record as long as they stay in playoff position. Too much randomness in 26 games (or even 56) to put any stock in the actual record.

As long as the 5v5 play remains good and PP/PK around league average, I like our chances comes playoff time.

Last edited:

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Great GDT!
Hopefully the game is available for me to watch, I subscribe to NHL.com and although I live in Portland Oregon there have been several games already that were blacked out.
Are all the NHL Sutters related?
My first live NHL game was Red Wings vs Bruins in Boston and the second was the Flames vs the Rangers in MSG, when the Flames were good. Both times as a tourist. Tomas Sandström played for the Rangers and Håkan Loob for the Flames.

Habs 4 Flames 1

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Poutine kinda night
It does feel like it, but haven't gone to this pasta place in forever. It has enough leftover sausage, bacon and pasta to feed my afterlife for a month after I get a heart attack from starting the meal.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Should see a little more jump in their step tonight. Should be a good one.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

Taking penalties with two minutes left in a 2-1 hockey game against a team we’re going to be battling it out with hard for a playoff spot.. I’d say he’s already the villain.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
If I could give two thumbs up, one for the GDT and one for ScarJo, I would. Well done!
Hopefully the Habs can put at least half the effort you did. If so, we should beat the offensively challenged Flames.
Scarlett has never let me down. So far we're 2 for 2 going for a straight third win
"Terminate with extreme prejudice"
Nice reference to the movie! Yes sir!
Stellar work as always @Conflicted Habs fan
Thanks , appreciate your effort all this time to keep us going
Good Job @Conflicted Habs fan on the GDT and Thank You.
The thing that really sticks out for me besides Scarlett's LIPS are our loser points. The closest teams to us in that regard are pretty bad. Halfway through the season and we would be holding down 9th place in our proper division and 16th in the league. Granted we could very well put an asterisk beside the numbers but should there be? The other group in our division is absolutely no picnic whatsoever. All this to say we need to start putting together ROW because we are still trending the wrong way in that regard.
Could argue it the other way, that the only thing that sticks out besides our loser points IS Scarlett's lips! Go :habs Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad