GDT: Game #27|Mar. 10, 2013|Sabres at Flyers |7:30 p.m. ET

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Not a huge bourbon fan. More of a scotch guy, but I do have a nice bottle of woodford reserve that I enjoy.

Bourbon tends to be too sweet for my liking usually.

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
So what was up with Bryz on that Schenn save? Should've been routine, then he just watches the puck going over the line. Sabres second goal too should have been easily stoppable.

But hey, he had a .900 save % so that's cause to celebrate when it's Bryz!

Thought Coburn looked pretty bad this game, but overall good effort by the team. Gotta get those defensive breakdowns down to none though, Bryz obviously can't handle odd-man rushes.

Only reason we won was cause Buffalo was so bad.

And yet the two weakest goals of the game were ones Miller allowed. Bryz can be better, but he shouldn't be starting every game anyway.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Bryz made a beauty of a stop from close range earlier. But Schenn's play should and will get proper attention because the puck was oozing its way near the goal line. Very cool work by Schenn, saved Bryz's posterior on that play.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
So what was up with Bryz on that Schenn save? Should've been routine, then he just watches the puck going over the line. Sabres second goal too should have been easily stoppable.

Thought Coburn looked pretty bad this game, but overall good effort by the team. Gotta get those defensive breakdowns down to none though, Bryz obviously can't handle odd-man rushes.

i wouldn't call the second goal easily stoppable. i don't know where his head was when schenn saved that goal.

i think b schenn played a very solid game overall. he had plenty of opportunities himself and was setting people up as well. i think he's going to turn into a special player.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
For those interested in such activities:

Interesting post game Flyers note: the team abandoned "Bring Out the Bottles" as their victory song and went back to "Knock Knock" tonight.

Source: Anthony Sanfilippo.

F L Y E R S

Orange & Black
Aug 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA

This.

BroadStreetPhila

Feb 22, 2013
i wouldn't call the second goal easily stoppable. i don't know where his head was when schenn saved that goal.

i think b schenn played a very solid game overall. he had plenty of opportunities himself and was setting people up as well. i think he's going to turn into a special player.

You've been watching Bryz too long then. That should have been an easy save, without question.

Mike2000z28

Dec 13, 2009
Philly, now montreal
Yeah we won, but not real thrilled. I mean Buffalo looked exactly like us the past 3 games, it was funny as i know how their fans felt. Sure we were better and probably the score didn't reflect that, but it was still to close and we didn't have any killer instinct and couldn't put the game away against a real bad team.

chimrichalds18

the key
Apr 17, 2007
philadelphia
This is meant as no disrespect to the Sabres fans out there....but that Buffalo team was the worst NHL team I've seen this year. They are far worse than Florida. Far worse than us at our worst (though that usually means Bryz lets in some bad ones, which makes us look worse).

Good for us for winning. Now show me you can do it against good teams consistently.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Bryz did a good job trying to get the Sabres at least a point. I guess Schenn didn't read the memo about tanking.:sarcasm:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
This is meant as no disrespect to the Sabres fans out there....but that Buffalo team was the worst NHL team I've seen this year. They are far worse than Florida. Far worse than us at our worst (though that usually means Bryz lets in some bad ones, which makes us look worse).

Good for us for winning. Now show me you can do it against good teams consistently.

Agreed. On one hand, it's good that the Flyers have by and large handled inferior opponents. However, there are fewer inferior opponents than in years past.

I'm not trying to tarnish your post-win offering, MSE, but I thought a more appropriate beverage to "celebrate" might be:

Can-I-give-my-baby-ginger-ale.jpg

RJ8812*

this was a terrible win

we started off good. then quit (as usual) and let BUF back in the game

also, Bryz looked shaky and did a good job of allowing BUF to stay in the game. He did have one nice save though.

Wonder if BUF would swap Miller for Bryz? Doubtful

Bernie Parent 1974

Sep 29, 2009
this was the definition of a TEAM GAME.
team looked great & Bryz looked great.

after the 2nd goal, team looked shaky & bryz looked shaky.

2 points taken. it's a start.

Flyersfan139

May 15, 2010
Exton, PA
this was a terrible win

also, Bryz looked shaky and did a good job of allowing BUF to stay in the game. He did have one nice save though.

Why do people keep saying they quit? I highly doubt the team "quits" every single game. Sometimes the other team is just better and that has been the case quite often this season. There are holes on this team that need to be filled.

G Money

Oct 15, 2011
Sudbury
this was a terrible win

you really blame bryz for those goals? cuz from what i saw was voracek horrible turnover at the blueline then we play with 4 guys and they score then giroux horrible giveawy on the pp leading to a 2 on 1

RJ8812*

you really blame bryz for those goals? cuz from what i saw was voracek horrible turnover at the blueline then we play with 4 guys and they score then giroux horrible giveawy on the pp leading to a 2 on 1

ah yes. everyone always has an excuse for the goals Bryz lets in

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad