GDT: Game 27: Columbus vs. Philadelphia | 12/9 7PM EST

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
If not for those 10 minutes in the 3rd, I'd say this team is back.

Thursday is critical. And I mean actually critical, not Jeff Rimer critical.

Jeff Rimer "critical" is really DSL critical (true story). Which is really DSL making fun of everyone here (meaning almost no one here now) for having a reason why every game is critical.

Need to bone up on your CBJ HF history, Sam.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Sucks. I like both Connauton and Erixon but KFC has the better contract going forward. He's signed for another year and Erixon needs qualified. I don't think Tim will be back.

zelbell

Oct 6, 2014
Columbus
Prout and Erixon gone when Tyutin and Murray get back????

Something like

Murray/Wiz
Savard/JMFJ
Tyutin/Connauton or Leopold

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
So far I would trust Cotton and Leo over Prout and probably Cody. Erixon I like but he seems to be out of the coach's favor.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Good game for the most part. No 5 on 5 goals but hey 4 wins in a row are going to force me to change my mindset from dreams of McEichel to we better make the effin playoffs. Wasn't expecting them to rolloff 4 straight.

Nice goal by Connauton but not enough to coronate him as the next great Jacket D man. My belief that Erixon will develop into a better player than him remains intact. I'm just afraid it will be with some other team.

Jackets much better team speed than Philly. I think that was the key to the game.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
thanks Mason for being Mason...

it will be interesting in a week or two with Goloubef and Tyutin back...CANNONaghton isn't anything special, but he's young enough he could be good...I've liked his game...

good tough decisions...

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Prout and Erixon gone when Tyutin and Murray get back????

Something like

Murray/Wiz
Savard/JMFJ
Tyutin/Connauton or Leopold

Don't think Murray is coming back anytime soon.
When Jarmo, JD, and Richards get this quiet about an injury it's history has been it's serious. He clearly came back too soon.

Bobby Mac said on his radio show he sometimes sees him in for rehab but many days he is MIA

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Goloubef is also back soon - definitely gonna be a trade in the works

I sort of wonder if Goloubef would clear waivers if they tried. Out of sight, out of mind and he doesn't have much of a body of work to be judged on due to the injury. He might sneak through.

You'd have to wonder if Connauton wouldn't have snuck through waivers if the CBJ weren't desperate for D at the time.

Regardless, CBJ effectively have 10 on the NHL roster. 9 of which will be healthy soon with Murray being the only unknown. 7 of which are 27 or under. Take Jack Johnson out of the equation and 6 of them are 25 or under.

With Letestu and Anisimov out for extended periods, I would think somebody would be worth an experienced 3rd or 4th line center. Heck, bring back Manny Malhotra and his 61% FO % this season from Montreal.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Joey has been floating a lot the past couple of games. Also, passing instead of taking the shot. What's going on there?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Joey has been floating a lot the past couple of games. Also, passing instead of taking the shot. What's going on there?

He had one 2 on 1 breakaway tonight where I could see he was thinking pass all the way from section 203 the entire time and clearly forced the pass that ended up without a shot attempt.

His SOG haven't been much recently. He's only taken 6 shots in the last 5 games. I wonder if he just worn down from all of the minutes he played while others were injured or if he's just trying too hard to involve other members of the team in the play. He logged almost 23 minutes tonight.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
He had one 2 on 1 breakaway tonight where I could see he was thinking pass all the way from section 203 the entire time and clearly forced the pass that ended up without a shot attempt.

His SOG haven't been much recently. He's only taken 6 shots in the last 5 games. I wonder if he just worn down from all of the minutes he played while others were injured or if he's just trying too hard to involve other members of the team in the play. He logged almost 23 minutes tonight.

He's clearly worn out. 23 minutes is too much.

And we're lucky that we have a guy who we complain about after he sets up the game winner. :nod:

Edit: I just checked the TOI and it's not like Joey is getting extra minutes so that Dubi can get eased in. Dubi and Foligno both had close to 20 minutes tonight. The 4th line hardly played. Even with Dubi back we're really missing having Letestu (not to mention Mackenzie), because the coach doesn't trust the 4th line.

Last edited:

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
During the loosing streak i agree but i thought tonight was one of Johans better games in a while. He seemed to be engaged physically.

I was watching him off the puck tonight. More gliding than I'm used to seeing from him. Wondering if he's got a nagging injury, illness or just worn down.

So as not to single Joey out, Dubinsky looked gassed in the third period as expected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad