GDT: Game 27: Blackhawks @ Nashcago | 6 p.m. CST (CSN) 12/6/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkalyzer

Jun 9, 2003
Visit site
someday, the hawks will NOT be soft in their own end

someday...

I think they're fine there. There were times a decade ago that they weren't soft in their own zone, but that was offset by the fact that they were also the worst team in the league. You should enjoy this team, because it's not going to last forever.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well it got dice in the third...I guess we got tired and sloppy with bad clearing attempts and some Chinese fire drill as our speed peered down at the end..to be expected given the late plane arrival in Nashville and the 4:30 am fire alarm evacuation at the hotel...But Darling held then we got the en goal to cement the win...Take the points..This night line#1 came to play but line#2 not so good tonight. When we get both going it will not be a contest.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Or Stan for picking up some nice depth. Can you imagine having to count on Simpson or Carruth?

How about we credit both of them?

Corey and Raanta look better this year too so I think Waite has a lot to do with things.

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues

Corey and Raanta look better this year too so I think Waite has a lot to do with things.

Sounds good to me. Can we call Darling, Briscoe?
dp5.JPG

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
We have been involved in some incredibly entertaining hockey games these last few weeks and fortunately won them all. This stretch is the best hockey we have played since the championship season.

I am waiting for the inevitable in here. It won't be long before some start calling for Crawford to be the one traded in the offseason. If this keeps up its something to ponder, we could keep the roster mostly intact and just go with Darling/Raanta. I don't want to open up a can of worms amd its too early to tell (and Crow has been awesome) but we got rid of our cup winning goalie in 2010 and it worked because Crow was in the wings.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Anything notable happen?

Now first in the division. Third in the conference, tied w/ Van, 2 pts behind Ana w/ a game in hand.

If the Hawks can put together a good run, another President's Trophy isn't out of the question. Not that that's the prize of relevance.

Where's Nut at?

I wish nutsy would come back. I've grown fond of him.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I don't disagree, he has been great. But if Darling/Raanta keep it up and in the offseason we need to get rid of 6 mil in cap space then it needs to be considered.

Not going to happen.
If anyone, it is Sharp. The team has obviously been fine without him.
Yeah, they have been fine with their back ups as well, but I cannot say with confidence that we would have this same record or woul dhave had as good of a road trip without Corey.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
The GD right now is awesome (+32). This team is really starting to impose its will on the opposition.

I think it's easily the most talented roster in the league.

pretty awesome to watch(also kinda funny how much better the team looks now that the lines resemble something that makes sense like people were calling for from the start).

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Really good win tonight. Just outclassed the Preds all across the board. Really enjoying this roll of taking down the top teams in the conference.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005

Or just credit the same thing that has been the reason the entire time for years - the Hawks are just so good of a puck possession team they make all goalies look good.

If what we see now is what we see in April Crawford isn't going anywhere, but if he craps the bed again when the real opposition shows up like he did last year it's possible they'd consider moving him. I just can't see the Hawks going with Darling or Raanta without finding a veteran insurance policy like Emery was though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad