GDT: Game 27: Blackhawks @ Nashcago | 6 p.m. CST (CSN) 12/6/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Or just credit the same thing that has been the reason the entire time for years - the Hawks are just so good of a puck possession team they make all goalies look good.

If what we see now is what we see in April Crawford isn't going anywhere, but if he craps the bed again when the real opposition shows up like he did last year it's possible they'd consider moving him. I just can't see the Hawks going with Darling or Raanta without finding a veteran insurance policy like Emery was though.

Not sure what sense it makes to try to trade crawford when he's gone on two deep runs and won a cup already. It's not like he was the reason the hawks lost to the kings either, the super soft defensive play, particularly by seabrook and oduya, was a far larger factor IMO.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Darling isn't even guaranteed to be our property after this season. I could see somebody giving him a UFA contract to be a #2 or us trading Raanta and signing Darling to be Crawford's backup next year.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Do you all realize we have a goalie in the KHL who has a .937 SV% that leads the league? He's 6'5". Anders Nilsson.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The Hawks wouldn't even consider trading Crawford, and it would be dumb to do so.

The K/T contracts have put Hawks in a tough spot. I wouldn't discount anything. And I love this Scott Darling guy. Hawks protected him for the most part last night but imo, he is a natural who is destined to be an NHL #1 goalie. It may be here.

I can't remember the last time Hawks were leading by 1 goal in the third period and I was completely confident that we would win. That was last night for me!

Last edited:

CoachQ

Aug 23, 2014
Tinley Park, IL.
Stan deserves a lot of credit as do the scouts for the depth that this team has built throughout the organization. There is not one position where depth is an issue. That's unreal in a 30 team league and a far cry from where the Hawks used to be when the old man ran things.

By the way I would not trade Crawford. You always need goaltending (where would we be earlier in the season when Corey stole a few games for us) and he has a proven track record now. If the Hawks were rebuilding, I'd say yeah we don't need a $6MM goalie, but we'll be reloading not rebuilding after this season and we should remain a legitimate Cup contender for a while.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Good example of a Toews intangible: his lifting the stick of Ellis to allow that Saad pass to get to Hossa. Otherwise we don't score. Toew's smarts on the ice can be easily overlooked.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
You always need great goaltending. Even in 2013 when the Hawks played great team D all season long during the lockout season, when it came to playoff time we still needed a goalie to bail us out at times. Crawford almost/should have won a Conne Smythe and that's not because he was carried by a great team. Trading him would be nuts

WJSN

Cosmic
Dec 22, 2013
Good example of a Toews intangible: his lifting the stick of Ellis to allow that Saad pass to get to Hossa. Otherwise we don't score. Toew's smarts on the ice can be easily overlooked.

If you watch the replay closely Toews actually got his stick lifted by Weber that's why the puck went all the way to Hossa on the weak side.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Great game last night.

Foley and Olczyk didn't realize this, but Hossa created what turned out to be the first goal too. They credited Keith with the turnover, but Hossa tied the Predators' stick up, which allowed the puck to slide to Keith, who got it to Saad, and then he scored.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Great game last night.

Foley and Olczyk didn't realize this, but Hossa created what turned out to be the first goal too. They credited Keith with the turnover, but Hossa tied the Predators' stick up, which allowed the puck to slide to Keith, who got it to Saad, and then he scored.

Yep. Hossa does that often. He is a hound for the puck and can relieve ops of the puck with subtlety hence without taking penalties, and doesn't necessarily get rewarded on the stats sheet.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
If you watch the replay closely Toews actually got his stick lifted by Weber that's why the puck went all the way to Hossa on the weak side.

Yes, but when Toews realized he wasn't going to receive the pass, he made sure that Ellis wasn't going to get his stick on it either.

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
We've won 11 of the last 13 games, were +32 which is tops in the league, we've got 3 goalies who can stone any team any night. Very early in the season but shades of the Cup teams regular seasons are evident.

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
Got back to the house late last night from Nashville and boy did I have a lot of company. Awesome atmosphere on Broadway, Rippy's is always the place to be if you're a Hawks fan. I would say it was at least 60-40 Hawks fans at Bridgestone. I guess Preds fans wanted to cash in on ticket prices.

Great weekend and welcome to first place!

Nothingman*

At first I thought it was press or something being chanted. Then I finally made it out and I just laughed at it. I like that our fans are showing up. New and old. Makes tix more expensive but whatevs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad