GDT: GAME 27: Avalanche at Red Wings

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The whole nonsense with Lil' Bert took my attention away from the fact that Jost had a clean breakaway against one of the worst breakaway/shootout goalies in the NHL and muffed a simple backhand deke. I get he's still learning but...come ON, Tyson...:shakehead

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The whole nonsense with Lil' Bert took my attention away from the fact that Jost had a clean breakaway against one of the worst breakaway/shootout goalies in the NHL and muffed a simple backhand deke. I get he's still learning but...come ON, Tyson...:shakehead
I was less triggered by it but I also said come onnnnnnnnn. I said that alot last night come to think of it especially with all the bad passing last night.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
I was thinking/hoping 5, but 2 is fine. If nothing else, it's vindication that the refs absolutely mishandled this situation, which is also good, give how they seem to have selective blindness watching avs games so far this season.

Considering the DPoS video called out larkin, it's odd to me that he gets nothing. A small fine would be fine, something that says that he doesn't get away with something so blatantly illegal, but whatever.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

ljb4

Feb 10, 2016
westminster Co
On the DOPS video at 1:17 it is an angle that shows Calvert's stick is behind Bertuzzi so his "spear" did not get Bertuzzi in the stomach, he was closer to getting the assistant coach who was standing behind them. I thought it should have been more, but if Shanahan would still be at DOPS it would have been 3 games for Calvert and none for Bertuzzi.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Not sufficient at all. You get 10 games automatically, no questions asked if you leave the bench to engage in a fight. To me, this is no different.

Sure, he didn't technically leave the bench but he grabbed a player that was on the ice and started throwing, gloves off no less.

Sign Bordeleau for one game next time we play the Wings just so he can grab any random Wing and beat the **** out of them. Knowing a guy like Larkin, though, he'd skate away as fast as possible and probably go hide in the locker room.

member 116861

Not sufficient at all. You get 10 games automatically, no questions asked if you leave the bench to engage in a fight. To me, this is no different.

Sure, he didn't technically leave the bench but he grabbed a player that was on the ice and started throwing, gloves off no less.

Sign Bordeleau for one game next time we play the Wings just so he can grab any random Wing and beat the **** out of them. Knowing a guy like Larkin, though, he'd skate away as fast as possible and probably go hide in the locker room.

Rather have Koci, he could actually play defense (kinda).

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
If Calvert had been hurt that would have been a much longer suspension. Guess both sides were lucky that he wasn't.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Considering that family vocally takes pride in their dirty play, maybe this will smack a lesson into Butthead, that history should have.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
oP3UigF.jpg

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Lets not make the NHL soft sport, I mean I don't want to see MacKinnon being carried by Landeskog and Rantanen off the ice due to an acute muscle spasm in his leg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad