GDT: Game 26 | Wild @ Avs | 8 PM CST/ 4 AM Suomi | FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mubiki

Jan 10, 2013
People need to relax. You can't score unless you are in the offensive zone, and you can't change when the opposing team is coming down the ice.

Getting caught on the ice is something that will happen to every single team; that's the point. We had our chances and didn't score, it's that simple. **** happens. I'm happy with one point on an obvious off night.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I also thought Dumba didn't take advantage when we had a 3on 2. He slowed the play down, allowing the Avs player to come back, instead of moving the puck

Charlie 'stone hands' Coyle also turned the puck over on a 3-on-2. Oh well, kids will learn.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
I like the 3v3 OT but I think the long change should be eliminated. I could be bias with that thought since all of our OT losses seem to happen because we couldn't get a change.

reason for 3vs3 is league wants a goal, remove that long change goals wont deliver. the thing is, when goals are scored.. we suck.

PariseNation

I hope so
Apr 15, 2014
Twin Cities
I also thought Dumba didn't take advantage when we had a 3on 2. He slowed the play down, allowing the Avs player to come back, instead of moving the puck

He should have just winded up and ****ing ripped it. Seriously the more Dumba blasts the merrier. Wild will be better off with that kid unloading BB's.

Mubiki

Jan 10, 2013
I like the 3v3 OT but I think the long change should be eliminated. I could be bias with that thought since all of our OT losses seem to happen because we couldn't get a change.

Am I only one that thinks most of our OT losses came because the other team made skill plays and capitalized and we didn't?

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
i'm actually happy with the 3on3 change even though Wild would probably have 4 points more with the old system.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
i'm actually happy with the 3on3 change even though Wild would probably have 4 points more with the old system.

Yeah, I like 3 on 3; I hate that this team is almost entirely incapable of performing well in it :help:

I also hate thinking about how many more goals/wins the Wild would have if our players actually took shots when they're in the slot instead of making low-percentage passes, but I suppose that's a different topic :sarcasm:

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Vanek is apparently healthy. He looked absolutely terrible, so much so that I don't even believe Yeo when he says he is healthy.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
The Wild are built to win games 5-on-5. A team built around forechecking and a relatively conservative blueline isn't going to succeed 3-on-3; that shouldn't be surprising in retrospect. :laugh: I still really like the format change, even if we miss out on a few bonus points.

Minny Lakes

Apr 4, 2013
It's not even cause we lose. Even when the Wild get the puck I get sick to my stomach with the style of play. They made 3v3 for faster endings and not making it on the goalie in the shootout. Each Wild OT lost so far has been harsh on the goalie. It's a team game so it shouldn't be break aways or 2v1s that decide a game almost everytime. It's all just sickening.

In your name you should replace "Wild" with "I'm an."

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
The Wild are built to win games 5-on-5. A team built around forechecking and a relatively conservative blueline isn't going to succeed 3-on-3; that shouldn't be surprising in retrospect. :laugh: I still really like the format change, even if we miss out on a few bonus points.
I wouldn't call the wil blueline conservative.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Avs fan here. Hell of a game tonight. When Parise scored in the third, I was like "crap not again" lol. Such an Avs killer that guy. Wild definitely put it on in OT as well. They had quite a few golden opportunities. Anyways, GG fellas. I think you guys have a hell of a team :).

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Meh. Didn't like what I saw from the Wild most of the time. They couldn't get on their transition game at all. Props to the Avs for that. They played a good game.

People saying Granlund is killing our PP are absolutely mental or just don't know their hockey.

slovakia18

English? I can't.
Jan 7, 2012
austria/swiss
Yeo destroy Vanek with this line change since Paris is back..Why he does that`?

Vanek show his best here @ a wild player and than he put him back into the third line VAnek is the best Goalsscorer in the team and become not enough Ice time...

i can't understand this?

murdoq

Nov 7, 2009
Yeo destroy Vanek with this line change since Paris is back..Why he does that`?

Vanek show his best here @ a wild player and than he put him back into the third line VAnek is the best Goalsscorer in the team and become not enough Ice time...

i can't understand this?

same with the first PP. it looked way more dangerous with pominville instead of parise.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Just watched the highlights, from the Avs feed of course. I swear, the announcer could not sound MORE bipolar when Parise scored. OH MY WHAT A SAV- score.

Then sounds like they just won a playoff game when they got the OT winner.

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
Laziness? :laugh: Everyone is gassed the whole time.

Sorry, went to bed after posting.

The play that led to the goal was allowed by two Wild players going up ice (presumably for a change) before ensuring the puck was actually controlled. By the time they turned around, it was already much too late and the Avs player was just dangling in the low slot, uncontested. I guess you could call that "gassed," but that's more dumb/lazy in my book. Too anxious to get off the ice.

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
Relax about the 3v3, people. The whole name of the game is to qualify for the playoffs. Losing 2 or 3 points to 3v3 as opposed to 4v4 is not going to make a difference for this team.

Also, a quick Bradley-Terry model evaluation says that, given the schedule they have played, this team is 2nd best in conference right now.

Everything is going to be ok. Get 3 points out of AZ & SJ and get back home...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad