Pre-Game Talk: Game #26: Vancouver Canucks vs. Los Angeles Kings - Monday, Nov.25th 7:00PM - SNET-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
kings will WIN in destroying fashion. 8-2:) luongo lets in a couple of softies. kings downlow play will absoutely eat the nucks in the defensive zone. couple of fights.fans boo nucks and chant "fire gillis"

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
I'm not too worried about points quite yet because we've got a couple easier months in our overall schedule. There really isn't a "guaranteed win" team in this league though.

If we can get the kinks out by the time the playoffs come around, great. If we can't, then It should serve as a huge wake up call.

I'm calling a bounce back game against LA. 3-2 OT.

You have to actually make the playoffs. Eating up the East isn't enough to make the playoffs.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
kings will WIN in destroying fashion. 8-2:) luongo lets in a couple of softies. kings downlow play will absoutely eat the nucks in the defensive zone. couple of fights.fans boo nucks and chant "fire gillis"

And then we'll win the cup right?

:p:

Stupid post.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
0412canucks1.jpg

Hammer Time
Hope he bought him a drink first..

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
What will Tortorella try next? He does not control the roster. What's he supposed to do?

It's not crazy to try starting Lack. It would amount to a shake-up. It might spark something.

Everybody knew this season could go badly. Everybody knew the team's weaknesses on paper. It's still painful to watch. Tortorella has to adapt. He has found the limits and seen the limitations and now must live within them. Somehow, he is expected to make this roster work.

Gillis could, at least, cooperate. What's Booth and Alberts doing on the roster? Weber became a Comet, why can't these two? Then, try somebody else. Is anyone in Utica really on fire? Should somebody be showcased? I'd even accept littleness if the tiny player can run the powerplay.

They should be trying stuff before they lose the season.

Last edited:

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Time to shelve the BeastModo experience?

Per Botchford:

Ryan Kesler hadn’t played with the Sedins for seven years. Now, John Tortorella has fallen in love with the line and playing Kesler on the wing.

Kesler has one two-man advantage goal in 11 games. What’s to love?​

Kesler went long stretches of time as a 2c in previous seasons without goals, even more so then now at various times, this is nothing new, putting kesler back on the 2nd line is not going to increase his scoring, botch knows this and he seems to be inferring playing on the 1st line is holding his scoring back...Team 1040 harped in 2012/2013 about him not showing up and scoring, especially price who did radio with botch. It was a daily topic with price about where ryan kesler is and why is he not scoring or using his line mates. Botch just loathes santorelli as our 2c and why he harps on it, but really santo should not be a top 6 guy in any position on the team. However currently he is given our forward depth issues and how surprisingly good his play has been for us this season. I think santorelli fits more as a 3rd line guy.

Kesler is actually scoring at a better pace this season then he has the last two seasons when he played at 2c.

Still I would probably put him back on the second line. But torts has been playing him on the second line as well as with the sedins last game and torts has said he will be playing both positions. Hopefully burrows gets going which makes kesler on the 2nd line an easier move. When he was doing second line duties against the hawks I was unsure if he was on the wing or center, at times he was at center ice doing his patented 2c kesler cross the blue line, try to burn the d, throw a wrist shot wide, but I dont know if he was centering the line. The reason I would put kesler back at 2c though is to give him the tough matchup's to free up the sedins, he wont be scoring much again and will likely score even less, but hopefully his defensive work against top lines will open up opportunities for the sedins.

Last edited:

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
These are the lines I would like to see although given kassians play i might be asking for trouble doing this, but I would give him a chance to try to redeem himself.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Higgins Kesler Kassian
Richardson Sanotrelli Hansen
Booth Welsh Weise

Richardson played left wing alot in his career, and i think that would make a decent shut down, energy line, and hopefully free up some offense and easier matchups for the first two lines.

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas
pack your bags, zack...utica is calling.

go down there for a week or two and see how bad you want this. no more floating, no more coasting, looking like a beer league player trying to keep up with the big boys.

unfortunately, i don't think he has the mental fortitude to want it bad enough.

he's a bit of a headcase in my opinion.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
GDT to be up soon finished it last night, just waiting for school library to open up than I'll post it! Note I didn't do photoshop, I did the old fashion way.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
pack your bags, zack...utica is calling.

go down there for a week or two and see how bad you want this. no more floating, no more coasting, looking like a beer league player trying to keep up with the big boys.

unfortunately, i don't think he has the mental fortitude to want it bad enough.

he's a bit of a headcase in my opinion.

yeah, he has been appalling these last 2 games in particular
ridiculous lack of puck protection
not surprised he was benched at all
I am still hopeful that he'll put it together ... he does have skill. But he doesn't use his size enough, and what speed he has is obscured by his questionable choices that lead him seemingly never to be in effective situations

after that crushing loss to chicago with just 10 bad seconds ... hard to feel terribly optimistic about this kings game

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Team can't beat an actual decent Western conference team to save their life right now.

Another 2-1 or 3-1 loss.

Burrows needs to step his game up as he has been crap (scoring wise) since coming back.

Edler just pisses me off ATM as he isn't living up to this "#1" d-man status some people keep sayin he is. Personally rather trade him for help but not happening.

Garrison needs to hit the damn net.

Kesler also looks slow; atleast in terms of old Kesler standards.

Kassian should be with the ice crew right now.

Other than that, things are just peachy.

Lundface*

3-2 loss if Vancouver dominates, doubling the opponent in shots.

5-1 loss if its an even game

7-1 loss if LA manages to run the game.

No offence, no goaltending. Most predicted a down year but I didn't think this team would be able to dominate other teams the way they do. They lack finish, which could have easily been predicted looking at the roster, but it was harder to predict the third highest cap hit on the team to be a below average player.

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
Yeesh. A lot of pessimism here after a tight loss to the defending cup champs. Hard to imagine a lot of goals here against a defense that's making Ben Scrivens an allstar....when we already make every goalie we play look like an allstar.

Nevertheless I think were bound to end up with some bounces and come out on the right side of some of these games. Even the pessimists would have to admit we aren't playing all that bad as a team in this downward spiral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad