Pre-Game Talk: Game #26: Vancouver Canucks vs. Los Angeles Kings - Monday, Nov.25th 7:00PM - SNET-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wetcoaster

3-1 Kings

We outshoot them 42-25, but can only score a power play goal in six opportunities. Kings score on a couple of odd man rushes.
You forgot to include details:

Kings score softies through the five hole on a couple of odd man rushes.

ShouldveDraftedFiala

Feb 20, 2007
Time to shelve the BeastModo experience?

Per Botchford:

Ryan Kesler hadn’t played with the Sedins for seven years. Now, John Tortorella has fallen in love with the line and playing Kesler on the wing.

Kesler has one two-man advantage goal in 11 games. What’s to love?​

It's very clear that Burrows is just so much better with the twins. He's looked dangerous out there with them and has just been really unlucky so far with nothing to show for it, but it will come in time, if Torts gives it to them.

Honestly even when Burrows is on the second line, I think he brings a more dynamic offense than what Kesler provides.

MISC*

Hoping for a blow out!

Expose our weaknesses. Make Gillis discuss them. He doesn't talk about it cause he doesn't want to create that discourse around our team. He needs to start talking about how weak our team is. Once he acknowledges it he will have way more pressure on him.

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
Poorly written, and a re-hash of what people have been saying since the off-season, but correct. This team does need more Ryan Stanton's, and was betting far too much on Santorelli to maintain his flukey early-season pace.

As it relates to the game, I obviously want a win, but I'd really just rather see someone feed Drew Doughty a lunch of fists. He is such a smarmy little jerk.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
- Both goalies will stand on their heads but Luongo will let in a soft 5-holer

- Sedins and Burrows will have the most time on attack but again will fail to score

- Shots will be 40-19 Canucks but we'll lose 2-1

- Higgins and Santorelli can't buy a goal. Kesler will fluctuate

- Tanev will show us his 1st pairing capabilities

- Edler and Garrison will probably suck

- 1 for 16 on the powerplay

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
We are not going to badly outshoot the kings...likely an even game in terms of chances and zone time if we work our hardest.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
The last time Kesler played centre with a half decent linemate(Samuelsson) he won the Selke. And the year before that he had his career high in points.

I think we should keep Kesler at centre and focus on finding the right winger for him rather then trying to play him at wing and weaken our centre depth.

LolClarkson*

Pretty much as close to a must win as you can get this early

Going to be a tough one with that 2nd line of theirs....

Dwight King - Mike Richards - Tyler Toffoli :sarcasm:

Oh and as the Kings showed in 2012. The only must wins are the ones that mathematically eliminate you from the playoffs. ;)

No Face No Case

Feb 28, 2012
The last time Kesler played centre with a half decent linemate(Samuelsson) he won the Selke. And the year before that he had his career high in points.

I think we should keep Kesler at centre and focus on finding the right winger for him rather then trying to play him at wing and weaken our centre depth.

i agree...i would like to add a Wayne Simmonds

Sedin-Sedin-Simmonds
Higgins-Kesler-Burrows
Welsh-Santa-Hansen
Sestito-Richie-Kassian

Kings are too big for Vancouver

Canucks TOP 9 doesnt have one physical player.

We will see a flurry of perimeter shots with nobody getting to the front of the net and Luo will sieve out for 5

5-0 Kings.

Gillis will say this is all part of the process.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I'm not too worried about points quite yet because we've got a couple easier months in our overall schedule. There really isn't a "guaranteed win" team in this league though.

If we can get the kinks out by the time the playoffs come around, great. If we can't, then It should serve as a huge wake up call.

I'm calling a bounce back game against LA. 3-2 OT.

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
Hoping for a blow out!

Expose our weaknesses. Make Gillis discuss them. He doesn't talk about it cause he doesn't want to create that discourse around our team. He needs to start talking about how weak our team is. Once he acknowledges it he will have way more pressure on him.

So you expect them to get shutout 2-0 then?

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
I'm not too worried about points quite yet because we've got a couple easier months in our overall schedule. There really isn't a "guaranteed win" team in this league though.

If we can get the kinks out by the time the playoffs come around, great. If we can't, then It should serve as a huge wake up call.

I'm calling a bounce back game against LA. 3-2 OT.
You mean 1 right? Canucks score 1. Yeah, I'm sure that is what you meant.

3 goals, nice fantasy man.

LolClarkson*

i agree...i would like to add a Wayne Simmonds

Sedin-Sedin-Simmonds
Higgins-Kesler-Burrows
Welsh-Santa-Hansen
Sestito-Richie-Kassian

Kings are too big for Vancouver

Canucks TOP 9 doesnt have one physical player.

We will see a flurry of perimeter shots with nobody getting to the front of the net and Luo will sieve out for 5

5-0 Kings.

Gillis will say this is all part of the process.

I cant stand power forwards. Simmonds got 28 goals. Now he sucks. Typical of PF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad