GDT: Game 26: Sharks @ Islanders 4:30pm NBCSCA

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Great game for alot of players. Granlund has looked really good lately, and I think we could trade him next season for something good. Eklund and Hertl are just an awesome pair. If we pick a forward in the top-3 this year I'm liking the offense moving forward, but our D will need alot of work in the next couple drafts/trades. To add though, Okhotiuk is solid and fun to watch.
I’m glad you pointed out Granlund. In the Rangers game, he nearly scored after dancing through the defense. Tonight , he did it again but gave the puck to Eklund. We know what joyful thing happened then. Granny is coming into form.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Eklund’s goal was great but that pass to Hertl was insane. He basically bounced it off Hertl into the net, it was Thornton-esque. What a joy it is to see him develop.

Also, I’ve really enjoyed watching Granlund (and by extension Duclair) play lately. He’s everywhere, in every situation, and he’s playing at full confidence. All the things that weren’t working for him a month ago are clicking now.

Screw it guys, let’s get Couture back, trade for some D and take a run at the Cup…

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Didn't the Sharks have a similar comeback against the Kings? I got a good memory, it's just a little short.

EDIT: it was this one I was thinking of:

Doesn't qualify for the parameters outlined in the tweet tho. Fun watch. Nice to see Pavs and Clowe and Hamburgers... heh

I was expecting to see this until reading about Pavs and Clowe…

Until today I know exactly where I was while listening to that (pretty meaningless) regular season finale.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
I was expecting to see this until reading about Pavs and Clowe…

Until today I know exactly where I was while listening to that (pretty meaningless) regular season finale.

YES! I was thinking of this one. I knew there was one where that went down against the Kings at the end of the game. Also doesn't meet the parameters of the previous tweet. Only two goals down in the third, not three. But nice vid! Thanks!

Reactions: CaptainShark

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
It's a crazy stat in a way, since there has been a lot of elite players that have done a lot more by the age of 21 and Eklund was still youngest to do that on a road game.
It's not really, when it is so specific with every part of the criteria that needed to be met for it to be a stat.

Primary assist on tying goal, last minute and a half of game, OT goal, road game.

5minutemajor

Mar 23, 2018
Great game for alot of players. Granlund has looked really good lately, and I think we could trade him next season for something good. Eklund and Hertl are just an awesome pair. If we pick a forward in the top-3 this year I'm liking the offense moving forward, but our D will need alot of work in the next couple drafts/trades. To add though, Okhotiuk is solid and fun to watch.
Why do you want to trade Granlund?

He had a lot of distractions in the last year. Divorce and new team at the same time.

He is settling in. He is a great player, especially on offense.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020

He had a lot of distractions in the last year. Divorce and new team at the same time.

He will be 33 at the next deadline.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Has another four years left. I dont think he is going anywhere. And he shouldn’t.
Granlund has one year after this one.

And yes some players are productive til 40. Many, many more players crash rapidly before they're 35.

Reactions: DG93

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada

He hasn't been good in years, is getting up there in age for a NHL player, and likely won't be around the next time this team is competing for the playoffs. It's a very easy decision to trade a player who was seen as a cap dump when we acquired him, and is now having a productive season in his early 30s for the 31st ranked team in the league.

We'd be stupid to keep him.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

Because there is no future for him on the Sharks team. He does nothing for the current roster and he won't do anything in a few years when we are hopefully competing again. The best thing to do is take his good year this year and turn him into an asset that can be some help for the next time we are competing.

Reactions: TheBigDrunkPanda

mogambomoroo

Oct 12, 2020
Because there is no future for him on the Sharks team. He does nothing for the current roster and he won't do anything in a few years when we are hopefully competing again. The best thing to do is take his good year this year and turn him into an asset that can be some help for the next time we are competing.
I agree he probably won't be a big help when we are competitive again, but he is helping now. It's more of a mentor thing with Granlund, he has good chemistry with both Eklund/Zetterlund which is great for their development. Can play a center position, so he has more value than Barbie and Duclair in that matter, you can play him in the wing when players come up.
I get that we need picks, but if he helps the youngsters I'm all for keeping him with the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad