GDT: Game 26: Knights @ Coyotes - 6PM - FSAZ - Oh another game already?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Didn't see the game but was a little surprised Langhamer didn't get the start. I'm not a fan of back to backs for goalies. Too much injury risk. Don't need both Raanta and Wedgewood out. Wedgewood wasn't great in his last back to back either.

Out of curiosity, I checked eBay to see if people are selling those Bissonnette bobbleheads. A bunch posted and four already sold. They went for about $75 each. Nice way to recoup your ticket costs.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Didn't see the game but was a little surprised Langhamer didn't get the start. I'm not a fan of back to backs for goalies. Too much injury risk. Don't need both Raanta and Wedgewood out. Wedgewood wasn't great in his last back to back either.

Out of curiosity, I checked eBay to see if people are selling those Bissonnette bobbleheads. A bunch posted and four already sold. They went for about $75 each. Nice way to recoup your ticket costs.
Damn $75? I may have to do that. I have two, so I could even sell one and keep one.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012

The "experts" thought they would only go for $50.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Perish the thought. Max will be OK, but I've always thought he should shoot more.
"Domi shoots wide" "Domi gives the puck away" He's been awful, he's tied for the team lead in giveaways (as a forward!), he's 18th in hits....Perlini, Duclair and Stepan all have more, yeah his 3% shooting percentage has to improve...but can't point to single thing he's done well this year.

Incredibly frustrating player to watch.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
"Domi shoots wide" "Domi gives the puck away" He's been awful, he's tied for the team lead in giveaways (as a forward!), he's 18th in hits....Perlini, Duclair and Stepan all have more, yeah his 3% shooting percentage has to improve...but can't point to single thing he's done well this year.

Incredibly frustrating player to watch.
Maybe Tocc hasn't put him in a position to succeed? His first 2 years were solid and now this year he struggles? Why is that? We have too many players playing below their capabilities. Collectively it could be coaching/line mates/minutes/expectations?

Players that have left Phoenix through the years did not excel elsewhere (mostly). Contrast that with the Oilers and the opposite effect? Wonder why?

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Maybe Tocc hasn't put him in a position to succeed? His first 2 years were solid and now this year he struggles? Why is that? We have too many players playing below their capabilities. Collectively it could be coaching/line mates/minutes/expectations?

Players that have left Phoenix through the years did not excel elsewhere (mostly). Contrast that with the Oilers and the opposite effect? Wonder why?
Perlini's really come on, see Duclair and Fischer are improving, obviously Keller's done well. Rieder's been Rieder. Other Top 6 wingers are headed in the right direction.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Perlini's really come on, see Duclair and Fischer are improving, obviously Keller's done well. Rieder's been Rieder. Other Top 6 wingers are headed in the right direction.
Domi will have a big December. He's going to score a lot of goals. The team will earn >50% of possible points and Domi will contribute a lot to that. In 30 days, you're going to be a Domi fan again. I guarantee it.

Reactions: Jakey53

cobra427

May 6, 2012

The following would be below expectations in their play so far this year, IMHO. This is all around play, not just points. Goose/Demers/OEL/Domi/Stepan/Reider/Duclair/Richardson. That is a pretty good list of important players to be underwhelming so far this year and irs 3/4 of our top 4D and 2/3 of our projected first line. The rest would be at and a few above expectations. We are getting less out of the majority of our important players, why is that?

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I put one of the bobbleheads, up I'll see if there are any takers. I put it at $75 US, so I doubt it, but I'll give it a few days.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The following would be below expectations in their play so far this year, IMHO. This is all around play, not just points. Goose/Demers/OEL/Domi/Stepan/Reider/Duclair/Richardson. That is a pretty good list of important players to be underwhelming so far this year and irs 3/4 of our top 4D and 2/3 of our projected first line. The rest would be at and a few above expectations. We are getting less out of the majority of our important players, why is that?

They have to get their heads out of their ---. In all fairness, OEL, Goose, Stepan and a couple of others have played better of late.

Reactions: cobra427

cobra427

May 6, 2012
They have to get their heads out of their ---. In all fairness, OEL, Goose, Stepan and a couple of others have played better of late.
True, team seems to be coming around. We have been in the last handful of games and haven't been way outplayed in any of them, all I can ask for right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad