GDT: Game 26: Knights @ Coyotes - 6PM - FSAZ - Oh another game already?

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Any hope Raanta or Chychrun are in? After a great game against LA I worry we may be in for a letdown.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Craig says it's Wedge and the same lines.

I'm guessing Chychrun is another week+ out and Raanta ends up like Hammer missing 2 weeks :(

EDIT: Wedge was not very good last time he had to play a back to back for us but that team feels like an eon ago :laugh:

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
The bag of rocks now plays a team from a city where lots of people get stoned off of rocks. Hopefully the rocks can stone the Knights off their game just enough to take advantage of them early and often. Now go all out Vegas on the Golden Knights and score as may goals as possible. I don't want the team to go 0-3 to the Knights.

Last edited:

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
That damn pesky Vegas team and their roster of rejects have to hit a wall at some point.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Pretty even game so far. You can definitely see the overall improvement in our own zone, much better at clearing the puck out.. with the exception of Schenn, who still panics like crazy :laugh:

PP time :D

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Rick, he hit the goaltender's mask. That's interference.

Tyson says he's nowhere near the crease because he has one skate out... :doh:

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Domi still trying waaaaaaay too hard to make things happen. Fires shots and passes into shin pads and kills the play. Really needs to calm down and simplify his game.

Reactions: CC96

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I guess his argument was that contact was made outside the crease?

It's possible that Tocchet has the same misconception about what is "in the crease" as a lot of fans do. The goaltender's position of in the crease or out of it is determined exclusively by the position of this skate blades in contact with the ice, just like the offside rule. 99% of his body can be over the ice area outside the blue paint, but if he has 1 inch of skate blade in contact with the goal crease (which includes the red border line around the blue paint), for the purposes of the rule, the goaltender is considered to be "in the crease."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad