Post-Game Talk: GAME 26 - For the first time in 122 MONTHS the Bruins have lost to the Coyotes

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
When you’re the best team in the league and Josh brown opens the scoring on you.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Agreed.

Brickley and Jack seemed to think it was icing if the puck went through the crease.

As others have said the rule was changed, and the puck going through the cease no longer negates icing. I'm not hung up on it because the Bruins simply should have handled the play better, but I'd just like some clarity on the decision.

If as I've seen said the call was based on the fact that Forbort could have reached the puck before it crossed the goal line and didn't do enough to try and reach it, I find that tough to accept. He probably could have skated a little harder, but he was never reaching that puck in time.

I'm also not sold on that as the reason. If you look at the linesman, it's precisely the point where the puck clips the crease that he waived it off. So either he mistakenly thought it touched Swayman, or he simply didn't realize that the rule has changed. Which sounds hard to believe, but this is the NHL we're talking about so it's well possible.

Last edited:

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
As others have said the rule was changed, and the puck going through the cease no longer negates icing. I'm not hung up on it because the Bruins simply should have handled the play better, but I'd just like some clarity on the decision.

If as I've seen said the call was based on the fact that Forbort could have reached the puck before it crossed the goal line and didn't do enough to try and reach it, I find that tough to accept. He probably could have skated a little harder, but he was never reaching that puck in time.

I'm also not sold on that as the reason. If you look at the linesman, it's precisely the point where the puck clips the crease that he waived it off. So either he mistakenly thought it touched Swayman, or he simply didn't realize that the rule has changed. Which sounds tough to believe, but this is the NHL we're talking about so it's well possible.
In other words. It was icing

Bs1011

May 27, 2019
Well I have watched Vladar and he looks pretty good. His average is 2.59 and save % of 912. Swayman is at 2.80 and .887.

You can pass if you want but the stats do not lie.
For this year Sway is in a slump look at his stats last year he was good

Reactions: Kegs

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

I'm also not sold on that as the reason. If you look at the linesman, it's precisely the point where the puck clips the crease that he waived it off. So either he mistakenly thought it touched Swayman, or he simply didn't realize that the rule has changed. Which sounds hard to believe, but this is the NHL we're talking about so it's well possible.

I find it hard to believe the linesman didn't know the rule.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
It was when I was a kid, before they even had the half circle, but don't think it is anymore.
It actually made a lot of sense with 'touch icing' back when nets were essentially locked into place with steel pipes.
Played with the red line when I was a kid.... needed to touch the puck first for icing...... played with wooded stick... without facemask so alot of thing changes!!!! LOL but currently, did not see anything about the half circle net..

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Leafs have a great team. Nobody should be surprised by that. Only the people that have their hatred glasses on, would say that they aren’t. I don’t like them, but that doesn’t make them a bad team.
Didn’t say they were a bad team:huh: Bruins are going to have to keep running full speed ahead to keep the Leafs behind them at all.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Leafs have a great team. Nobody should be surprised by that. Only the people that have their hatred glasses on, would say that they aren’t. I don’t like them, but that doesn’t make them a bad team.
Laughs have had a lot of 'great teams' over the years

Almanil

Nov 18, 2017
For me that was really enjoyable game, especially the second period was great to watch. I think somebody might take Vejmelka at the trade deadline he seems to have the power to steal games. We didn't play awful. The last goal could have been easily avoided by both Forbort and Swayman but well not every game can be won.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Played with the red line when I was a kid.... needed to touch the puck first for icing...... played with wooded stick... without facemask so alot of thing changes!!!! LOL but currently, did not see anything about the half circle net..

Yep. Was thinking of the rectangle nets I grew up with and the crease was just a three foot retangle in front. Touch icing could be scary when I was a teenager.

Learning to skate and playing hockey actually predates me memory. I've been playing hockey for 50 years. A few changes. lol

Reactions: Bradely

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Sorry if this has been posted already…damn…Pats girl took that like a champ…what a thug to hit a woman who was just trying to stop others…

Meeting of the Assholes Club.

Well I have watched Vladar and he looks pretty good. His average is 2.59 and save % of 912. Swayman is at 2.80 and .887.

You can pass if you want but the stats do not lie.

Vlad update:

His average is 2.81 and save % of 905.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
The linesman had a really bad game, missing both the Coyotes offside goal, fortunately the Bruins got it reversed, and not calling icing on the game winning goal. Whoever they were, hopefully we won't be seeing them again anytime soon. They cost the Bruins a minimum of 1 point and who knows that point or two could be crucial as we battle the insanely hot Maple Leafs for the all important 1st place to avoid playing TB in round 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad